• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Main bearing studs

Twisted Steel Performance

Formerly: sctrailrider
Vendor
Reaction score
Where is the thread with the ARP main bearing stud part numbers?

Anyone purchased them, do the studs fit the caps like the stock bolts do or are they a generic straight stud?

The stock bolt has the bosses that locate the caps not just a straight bolt..

KrisML

Reaction score
Since when are the stock main bolts tty? I know the stock head bolts are. But I was under the impression that the stock main bolts were a standard reusable bolt.

Paveltolz

Доверяй, но проверяй
Reaction score
My main bearing studs were made for Bill by ARP which will make them for you. When I was stupidly thinking of rebuilding the truck's motor myself, I called them and couldn't get the info. I didn't have the original bolt to even give them the specs but, that may be an option for you to consider. I imagine they would try to source the order from existing stock first. Cheaper for you and them. Can't hurt to give them a call and tell them you need an 'X' length stud at "Y" thread pitch.

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
Where is the thread with the ARP main bearing stud part numbers?

Anyone purchased them, do the studs fit the caps like the stock bolts do or are they a generic straight stud?

The stock bolt has the bosses that locate the caps not just a straight bolt..
Not sure what is in the "kit" offered, but, the ARP single stud part numbers are around here and there. One example:

ARP doesn't offer single studs on their website, just kits, and the main stud is not a kit "ARP" offers. Others do...

I am asking because I don't know and couldn't figure it out: Not sure how the main bolts locate anything because they feel sloppy to me when I just put a main bolt in a main cap hole on the 6.2 here. Perhaps this is why the DSG main stud girdle only has 6 studs total?

Sloppy quick and dirty measurement indicates the (DSG Kit) ARP Studs are thinner than the main bolt upper shoulder, but thicker than the OEM bolt the rest of the ARP length. The section below the OEM main bolt head may have a taper.

20190419_215435.jpg

20190419_215553.jpg

20190419_215754.jpg