• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Maf sensor P0103

offiedk

Reaction score
Hi

I am getting the P0103 code and i know it's the maf sensor.
I have checked the wire and i am getting 12v (red) and ground (black) but i have 5v at the signal wire (yellow) when its unplugged and the engine isn't running, is that right ? (Just found out, that is correct)
When the engine is running and it's plugged in its sends 1,5v to 2,5v at idle going at a loop.
the sensor is 2 years old a from Walker and has runned for 5000 miles

So it's a new sensor, am i right?

Thanks
JJJ

Last edited:
If you are using a K&N type air filter that can eventually cause you issues. The oil from the filter will collect on the tiny wire sensor that is the MAF sensor. Try removing the sensor and clean it with spray cleaner like CRC electrical cleaner. May solve your issue...it did mine.

If you are using a K&N type air filter that can eventually cause you issues. The oil from the filter will collect on the tiny wire sensor that is the MAF sensor. Try removing the sensor and clean it with spray cleaner like CRC electrical cleaner. May solve your issue...it did mine.

Agree with this 100%. I am a big k&n fan and this is a consistent issue from them.

Howdy @offiedk I honestly didn't know GM added a maf to the mix on the newer 6.5's, but it does sound like it has gotten some debris on it. Like Will and MrMarty said, try cleaning it good with something like the electric cleaner spray. they do make a smaller can of cleaner specifically for maf sensors. I have heard others that own gassers say it's a maint. thing to clean them every so many miles. Just don't use an air compressor under high pressure or regular carb / brake cleaner on it. that can destroy it quickly.

Thanks for all your fast responses.
Just gave a rinse with some electric cleaner, no change.
also on my tester it just jumps between 0-255.
I just need use som more money and buy a need sensor for this old giant :)

I think delphi is a decent brand. I myself have not heard or seen anything bad from their parts. I'll let others chime in on that, they may have more experience than I do!

if you can get the GM or AC Delco part number from RA, do a search on amazon and other authorized distributors. if you look on the AC Delco's site, they list all their authorized distributors.

Back