• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lower control arm fubared.

This^^^. Raising the vehicle by the frame and allowing the LCAs to hang will relieve all of the pressure. Done it without the wheels and CV axles in place. Who knows, if I make enough progress on the IP and timing chain & gear replacement on my son's '94 Suburban, I will get to dropping and removing the LCAs and replacing the boots on the CV axles.
Not all t-bars are alike on the Burbs the start @ 7.161k then 8.615k and almost 8.8K like my GMT425, I suspect it get dangerous the higher the rating goes.

Ok. So choices for lower control arm from RA. Delphi , Moog. Or DELCO...60$ 90$ 120$. Respectively...thoughts on quality?? Cash is tight but truck needs to be right also..

i would go with the “original replacement” AC Delco if it was mine. Moog problem solver if they have it would be my next choice. Factory parts last longer than replacement parts a lot of times which is why I try to go back with factory parts unless there is a upgrade available.

Fed ex just delivered the new control arm..I'm a little confused..for 1 the steel looks like it was hit with a grinder in some places..shitty....and the lower ball joint is held in place by a C- ring...WTF. Never seen that before. Especially not on a one ton..but what do I expected from made in china crap....oh and rock auto takes such great care in packaging..not that it matters much but....KIMG3968.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG3970.JPG
    KIMG3970.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 7
Back