• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lower compression piston source

Anyone call some of the drag race piston companies and ask them for info ? They do offer Dmax pistons so maybe ...

I think you missed the point . While I do understand the economics of your point , I was simply wondering if the technology from producing another diesel piston could be applied to the 6.5 series .

I think you missed the point . While I do understand the economics of your point , I was simply wondering if the technology from producing another diesel piston could be applied to the 6.5 series .
The completely different piston designs/geometry between an IDI and a DI diesel piston would necessitate completely different machining and CAD set up - not economical for an item they may make maybe a couple of hundred sets of at most.

@Will L. isn't Bostic the reanimated zombie of International Diesel out of NYC? After changing their name and corporate location in NY State a couple of times to stay ahead of prosecution by the NY State Attorney General's office for various fraud and deceptive advertising cases where blown military engines had new/cheaply rebuilt heads slapped on them and sold as "remanufactured" to unsuspecting direct-buy end users and through unsuspecting dealers (like SS Diesel) - then didn't honor any warranty by claiming user abuse for the motor overheating and activating the heads' heat tabs - even though the motors were shipped with cracked #8 cylinders, cracked main webs or with scuffed pistons/cylinders to the purchasers. International changed names while in the NYC area, but going to the International website took you to a "new" company's site that made many of the same claims and used the same photos/video clips that International did. A year or two later International ceased to exist - and shortly later Bostic Motors suddenly popped up in Bostic, NC making many of the same claims as International with pictures of "their" motors on stands outside what looked like a garage door and when their address in Bostic, NC was Googled, photos of a storage garage-type complex came up. They also claimed that their 6.5 new blocks were made of "superior" nickle-iron alloy cast and machined in Brazil, yet required a core block trade-in on new motor purchases!

Back