• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lost My Kitty.....

roosky01

Reaction score
Took off the factory front pipe with the worthless catalytic converter on it tonight. Installed a 4" stainless MBRP front pipe in it's place. I am surprised how much difference it seemed to make. It seems to spool up quicker and I have a little more turbo whistle which is cool...:cool:

I'm getting there slowly but surely....:D

When mine accidentally fell off :eyebrows: it really helped with the egt's while towing with the tuner turned up. Not to mention how much better the engine sounds and runs.

Funny mine fell off "accidently" :doh: yesterday. I had a heck of a time because the vendor I bought mine from thought I had a short bed but I have a long bed. Its a Magnaflow system and they don't, for some crazy reason, make a system for the long bed. When I figured out it was for a short bed I macgyvered it up until I could get to work today and get some 4" ss tubing to make a piece to get it all together.

Its now in and looking good. 15" that was all I needed so what should have been a 2-3 hr job turned into a 6 hr job over two days. It sounds good to I am happy now!

I got 19 mpg on the way home from work (Hwy).

I'm a little curious...

When you all remove the Kitty, how do you avoid the computer throwing codes AND...How do you manage to pass the emissions testing (if you have to test it)?

This is 1 of the things I would like to do to her truck to improve the mpg's (currently 16.6 - 17.2 or so).

Terry B.

I don't have emission testing here, for the code I will just use EFI Live to kill it.

The computer shouldn't throw any codes as there is no way for it to monitor the catalyst sysetm on these trucks.

Emissions testing will be the tricky part, especially the visual inspection.:doh:
other than putting it back on for the testing, i don't know.:noidea:

I'm a little curious...

When you all remove the Kitty, how do you avoid the computer throwing codes AND...How do you manage to pass the emissions testing (if you have to test it)?

This is 1 of the things I would like to do to her truck to improve the mpg's (currently 16.6 - 17.2 or so).

Terry B.

Ive got an 05 LLY with no ***** Cat on it and Ive had no trouble with codes at all. I think the only people who have had and trouble with codes after their cats got lost are the ones who purchased their trucks in California and some states in the Northeast.

here in the great state of Georgia diesel pickups do not have to be emission tested! However if your state does require it you could weld it back on to the downpipe as a fake

Isn't it a federal thing also? I know the fed doesn't have to go by it's own rules, but that is another discussion.

my state requires emission testing I went last week and passed all I did was set my banks tuner to #1

hey everone i just joined and i am wanting 2 take my cat off 2 but it looks like its join 2 be a pain is it? o and diesel dont hafe 2 get emission done i think its only in the 07 and newer

It will help a lot and get louder.

Dont waste your time straightpiping. Get an MBRP front pipe it will be smooth and large and it unbolts so you can rebolt the cat back on for anb emissons test. Best way to do it.

Back