• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lost My Kitty.....

if you have a northeast emission truck or a california emission truck you will set codes if you do a cat delete, they will be egr flow codes, any other trucks you will be ok.

Is there a way to tell if you have a truck that will through a code by looking at the vin number?

Thanks.

my kitty fell off fer the mbrp turbo back! and now I have a smell /odor like alcohol or something ...what could this be!do I need to get a fingerstick?my truck is a fe9.I have blocked the egr also

If your exhaust is new, there is a "new smell" for a while as the lube film burns off.

As far as the fingerstick, is you check engine light (CEL) on? If not, you might not have to mess with anything, seeing how you have a FE9 truck.

thanks for the info !there is no engine cel light on .hopefully it will stay that way.I was somewhat confused as to loosing the kitty and no back pressure on the exhaust and blocking the egr. I have read a lot on this subject and am trying to get edjumacated some more.lol

Back