• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lost All Dash Lights And Truck Will Not Run Need Help!

Thanks Buddy . Having that info will add a measure of confidence to driving the old girl.

There may be some other things needed to make it drive right, like a fuse for the tranny. Pretty much any fuse that gets power from the igntion you could tap in a bypass with these tap a fuse things. I'll have to look that stuff up and add a note on the drawings, but if bypassing those on the drawing now gets you an SES and WTS light back then you know you have a break in the wiring, likely the ignition switch itself.

update....... I bought a new ignition switch and the truck fired right up with all dash lights working properly.

I have been meaning to add these since i replaced the switch a while ago. I noticed the purple wire melted a tad bit. Can anyone tell me what the purple wire does? Has anyone else had this melting issue when their switch went?

video007.jpg

video008.jpg

video009.jpg

Be sure you have voltage at the LH battery.

The RH battery supplies power to the starter and the LH one supplies the chassis.

A bad ground cable on the LH battery can cause whats happening.

Check tha main fuses in the junction box on the LH fender under the hood too.

This sounds like a broken connection of some sort.

My first place to look though is the LH battery ground, both at the battery and the engine block.

When the ignition switch contacts get burnt it takes more current to pass through the higher resistance,and that is what usually causes the melting in the harness.

Back