• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Loss of power

Lbzsquid

Reaction score
So I left my truck sit for about 4 days and came back to it it started then died couple seconds after so I pumped the fuel filter released the air then started it again idles fine but when I went to accelerate it was like I wasn’t even touching the pedal I’m new to diesels so I’m not sure what the issue could be. Also have a leak that looks like oil but everytime I check it it’s full like it should me. If anyone could help I’d muchly appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpeg
    IMG_1611.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 2
The hand primer pump seals fail. Install the rebuild kit for it and you will be good to go.
Real basic mechanical skills and tools - easy job. Just start out by cleaning all around it with can of brake cleaner so you don’t get dirt in there.
Youtube search will bring up multiple videos showing how to do it better than we can type a how to

The hand primer pump seals fail. Install the rebuild kit for it and you will be good to go.
Real basic mechanical skills and tools - easy job. Just start out by cleaning all around it with can of brake cleaner so you don’t get dirt in there.
Youtube search will bring up multiple videos showing how to do it better than we can type a how to
Thank you I appreciate it!

Duramax didn't get a lift pump until the L5P. They are prone to air intrusion issues in the fuel system. My first recommendation to any Duramax owner is to install a Fass or Air dog system and delete the factory fuel filter.
You never know what's what on a used vehicle. The previous owner may have taken care of that.
Best for newbies - or anyone else to verify.

It's like trust the code to know your gear ratio. You never know for sure until it's verified

You never know what's what on a used vehicle. The previous owner may have taken care of that.
Best for newbies - or anyone else to verify.

It's like trust the code to know your gear ratio. You never know for sure until it's verified
Its normally very obvious if a lift pump has been installed on a duramax because you will hear it with the key on. And in this case it would have leaked fuel out the WIF sensor o ring.

All it was was a bad fuel filter I think the bottom wear the wire is connected failed thankfully I had a spare not quite sure on if there is a lifter pump I plan on installing one if there isn’t I’m still doing my research on her
Check out the Black Market Performance Cat Fuel Filter Lift Pump for $335.00
1703351495690.png

It is easy to install and has a CAT commercial grade pump mounted right on top that is easily replaceable as it is a standard lift pump on a lot of CAT heavy equipment. It pumps 95 GPH or roughly 1.6 gal per minute, plenty of fuel and a lot cheaper that the complete dual filter lift pump setups you see mounted on the frame rail hanging out from under the bed on a lot of trucks. I've been running one for almost 2 years now after I got tired of rebuilding that stupid fuel filter head. I've been driving an old ford ranger gasser back in forth to work for the last year to combat Potato Brain Bidens high diesel prices so several times my Dmax has sat for 2-3 weeks between starts and she fires right up every time.

Last edited:
Check out the Black Market Performance Cat Fuel Filter Lift Pump for $335.00
View attachment 85388

It is easy to install and has a CAT commercial grade pump mounted right on top that is easily replaceable as it is a standard lift pump on a lot of CAT heavy equipment. It pumps 95 GPH or roughly 1.6 gal per minute, plenty of fuel and a lot cheaper that the complete dual filter lift pump setups you see mounted on the frame rail hanging out from under the bed on a lot of trucks. I've been running one for almost 2 years now after I got tired of rebuilding that stupid fuel filter head. I've been driving an old ford ranger gasser back in forth to work for the last year to combat Potato Brain Bidens high diesel prices so several times my Dmax has sat for 2-3 weeks between starts and she fires right up every time.
What is the pressure rating on this system ?
Asking for a friend with a 6.5. 😹😹😹

Back