• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Loss of Boost/Harder Starting - Possibly related?

Reaction score
Hey all,
Over the past few days, I've noticed that my truck has been harder to start whether it's cold or warm, and that I'm not boosting as much as I was as soon as last week. I was pushing 22psi, and now I've gotta force it to get to 15psi.

I've considered that the issue might be a bad ops that's causing the lift pump to not work properly, but I cracked the T-valve, and it was pouring a steady stream of fuel. Also, I checked all of the boots and connections around the engine bay, and I can't find anything. The turbo is an HX35 with a boost fooler and a banks big head actuator.

I'm fresh out of ideas, and need some input, so what do you guys think?

Any more smoke or does it seem like a lack of fuel issue? Could be as simple as a bad batch of fuel since it was running so well till now.

Sent from Tapatalk

Stepper motor issues would cause both as well but should throw a code for a timing mismatch. Hard to tell without scan tool or data loggingScreenshot_20160925-163048.png

Sent from Tapatalk

Looks like it might be time to try my hand at making a data logging cable, if the stock actuator doesn't work out. We'll see what happens with that. I'm not going to be driving it enough until this weekend to get any results anyways

Well I went to start it today after it sat for a few days, and after the glow plug cycle, she just pooped out and clicked. I think I've got a voltage drain somewhere, since I put in some new lights, so time to go check the wiring there....

Back