• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

loping tune for 6.5

Woody35

Reaction score
i was wondering what the duramax guys did to the fuel table to get a lopey idle? second would this be possible on a 6.5? would you guys be interested in a lopey idle?

I guess the question is why? Isn't a loping tune created by the cam?

yes and no. Loping can be caused by a large cam and overly large injectors, but also can be done to EFI trucks via a computer tune. I've seen it done on a DMAX and Cummins, but never a 6.5. Perhaps Kojo, Kennedy or Bill would be able to write a tune that allows the 6.5 to lope.

Well lol personally I think it sounds cool and to me when you hear a diesel lopin you think that thing has got tons of power. I think the lope is caused by too much fuel and not enough air.

Retarded timing at idle will make it lope,and a leaking metering valve will do it also. With the ds pump probably you could retard idle timing.

Why not? It sounds cool, although the 6.5s are pretty quiet at idle so not sure if it would be worth it.

Well lol personally I think it sounds cool and to me when you hear a diesel lopin you think that thing has got tons of power. I think the lope is caused by too much fuel and not enough air.
When I hear a Diesel lope, I only think that the owner likes messing with his truck, not a lot of power... But thats just me I guess. For the Dmax's, when evern they use the lope tune (iirc) they don't have a whole lot of power, a lot of times they put the lope tune with a smoke tune.

Also, If I would get it so my truck would lope... I wouldn't want it to be all the time. It would be annoying at times to hear it. I would only use that kind of tune at public events or just to show off haha. But then again... there isn't switchable tuning for the 6.5 yet so.... :rolleyes5:

Hmm....

It must be like stacks on a daily driver - some people think it's cool, the rest of us think the driver used to get to school on a short bus....

Wow talk about unwarranted and unnecessary hostility.

Last edited:
If you don't like stacks ,lopey idle and lots of diesel smoke, you might not be a true redneck.

If you don't like stacks ,lopey idle and lots of diesel smoke, you might not be a true redneck.

):h

Just wish my current lopey idle and black smoke wasn't due to a problem. Then i'd be ok with it.

Hmm....

It must be like stacks on a daily driver - some people think it's cool, the rest of us think the driver used to get to school on a short bus....
Wow talk about unwarranted and unnecessary hostility.
I guess I shouldn't have pissed in his cheerios this morning lol :wiggle:

Actually is.. it isn't in use couz we didn't find any other use for it besides testing different tunes.. It was couple days in Kane67's suburban.
I guess I should have rephrased my comment. I know that switchable tuning is out there, but I have yet to see any vendor/person release theirs tunes to be switchable yet.

Bwahahahaha....

Sorry kiddies....didn't mean to offend your toys...:rolleyes5:

Back