• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

loping tune for 6.5

Back in the olde days, we had things on vehicles called carbeuretors...

A 2-v carb was a 2-barrel, a 4-v was a 4-barrel.

Just to be technically correct, the "V" in 2v or 4v stood for Venturi, although most of us Americans called them barrels.

And BTW, I have a single SU carburettor (as the Brits spell it) on my Mini and although it doesn't lope at idle, some people still think its cool!

05BlackMiniLF.jpg

And if I ever get the Suburban done, then I can get the Mini engine done!

thanks guys i know what a carb is. i grew up working on them on the farm

Sorry Woody - wasn't tryinh to put you down... I honestly thought you must not know.

There ain't nothin' like the Ba-Wooo a 4mv quadrajet makes with the air cleaner lid flipped over...

Sorry Woody - wasn't tryinh to put you down... I honestly thought you must not know.

There ain't nothin' like the Ba-Wooo a 4mv quadrajet makes with the air cleaner lid flipped over...

Sounds really good in a 74 Nova with 350 sbc:smile5:

I had a 76 but it had a 400 in it. Man was that thing long legged. I never could find a straightaway long enough to top it out. Had it up to 130 and it was still climbing just ran out of road. Wasn't real quick though.

I had a 76 but it had a 400 in it. Man was that thing long legged. I never could find a straightaway long enough to top it out. Had it up to 130 and it was still climbing just ran out of road. Wasn't real quick though.

kinda like an older Suburban with a 350 ....... I got my 91 to 110 and ran out of road before the engine ran out of breath......... not quick but it was wicked fast for a 6000 pound 4x4 brick.

they remind me about how much i love the italian job. ever thought about a tdi conversion):h

You are talking about the original Italian Job with Michael Caine, I assume. Not the greatest of movies, but some nice Mini scenes. There is no way a TDI engine would fit. The Mini uses an odd arrangement with the transmission under the engine, sharing the same oil. The powerunit is very narrow. Most other FWD cars use the engine and trans side by side, and there just is not enough room in the Mini. Having said that, I did see an article some years ago where a guy in England installed a 3 cylinder diesel (I think it was a Daihatsu) in a Mini. As I remember, he had to cut a fair amount to squeeze it in. There are several companies selling Honda VTEC conversions & kits, they will fit but you have to cut a fair amount and most require a front end lengthened by 4".

Mine is a very nice car, it was a one owner car for about 25 years in Germany. If I was going to do a swap like that, I would find a rusty one to hack up. Its too hard to find a good Mini so I'll just keep this one intact. But it will have front disc brakes and a modified 1380 engine, so I'll be happy!

I did too. Took forever to get it up to speed but MAN that thing would fly on the big end! Big gas tank too. Could outlast my bladder any day...):h
What a geat long haul cruiser that was. Totalled it in '86 and bought the old stepside in my avatar.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...:D

Back