• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looks like i have a problem

That code was stored from when i had the upper intake pff setting the timing its the p0335 that is causing my problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
YUP, I just threw out the problem I had for a reference.
The terminals inside of the connector blocks on My truck looked to be clean, it took a dental file and a points file to get into the blocks to get the terminals shined up. that was what fixed the code that was being set on My truck.

Hello Fellas, my name is Melton and thanks for letting me in the group. I'm in North central Texas, about 80mi from Dallas. I have a '96 Chevy 3500 extended cab dually with the 6.5 turbo. Bought it when it had around 60k on the clock & now has 165,000. Been thru a lot with it and now I've got a problem I can't seem to figure out. I would really like to get some feedback on my prob. but since this is just a hello and thanks maybe someone could get back with me so I can explain. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. It' a 96 Chevy ext cab 3500 dually. Mainly use it for hauling hay,fairly light duty. It has 160,000mi on it. Had a injector pump put on at 100,000. Have had 2 water pumps and have moved the PMD to the wheelwell. Thru this winter I replaced a battery (it had sat for about a week) and when I got it cranked I noticed a knock that sou mss as if it' coming from the turbo/alternator/smog pump area. Passenger side of engine. I'e never heard this before. It's all stock from air cleaner to fan clutch, everything. This extra knock will sometimes go away(Maybe a few seconds) but I'm baffled. I live in the country so ive tried to do my own work. The injector pump was a Chevy warranty,thank goodness, but the rest I've tried to manage. Just needs some help with this knock. Thanks again.

Thanks. It' a 96 Chevy ext cab 3500 dually. Mainly use it for hauling hay,fairly light duty. It has 160,000mi on it. Had a injector pump put on at 100,000. Have had 2 water pumps and have moved the PMD to the wheelwell. Thru this winter I replaced a battery (it had sat for about a week) and when I got it cranked I noticed a knock that sou mss as if it' coming from the turbo/alternator/smog pump area. Passenger side of engine. I'e never heard this before. It's all stock from air cleaner to fan clutch, everything. This extra knock will sometimes go away(Maybe a few seconds) but I'm baffled. I live in the country so ive tried to do my own work. The injector pump was a Chevy warranty,thank goodness, but the rest I've tried to manage. Just needs some help with this knock. Thanks again.
I meant to say vacuum pump. Where did I get smog pump from? The70's???

I meant to say vacuum pump. Where did I get smog pump from? The70's???
Remove the serpentine belt then start the engine, see if the knock goes away. Sometime the belt tensioner unit can make some pretty weird noises when they are going bad.
You can also use a long screwdriver or a stick, with the belt installed and with engine running, place the stick on different components and plug it to Your ear, the sound will travel to Your ear and help identify which component the noise is coming from. Just be careful to NOT get it tangled into moving components.
Welcome to the forum Melton.

CHECK THE HARMONIC BALANCER/CRANK PULLEY FOR SEPARATION OF THE ELASTOMER FROM THE METAL! Begining stages of failure will often give you a thunking, clunking or rattling noise before catastrophic failure of the balancer, which will then almost always take out your crankshaft when the balancer fails.

CHECK THE HARMONIC BALANCER/CRANK PULLEY FOR SEPARATION OF THE ELASTOMER FROM THE METAL! Begining stages of failure will often give you a thunking, clunking or rattling noise before catastrophic failure of the balancer, which will then almost always take out your crankshaft when the balancer fails.
and then all the vibration and noise will stop.......

Back