• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

looking for suggestions on tire sizes

Odlaw

Redneck
Reaction score
Finally scored some wheels for my dmax. wheels_cr.jpg Got em for $300.00. They came with 315 70 17's BFG AT's on em...pretty worn (and too big for me). I already have two guys wanting to buy the tires only for 150.00. The wheels are 17x9's and was thinking 285 17 not sure about aspect ratio (70 or 75). Some guy told me I would need to go to 70 . This truck still has to work so I'm not looking for anything crazy in tire size...just something that looks good but won't effect towing and pulling. I'll be going with Cooper Discoverer AT3's...I've been running cooper tires on all three of my trucks (wifes truck is on second set - got 60k miles out of first set). These things just wear really good, pull pretty good and are not noisy.

Suggestions please...

Thanks
Smitty

ok, now I feel a little better. lol
The rims I bought came off a ford...I didn't realize the two use different wheel stud threads...my tires will be in tomorrow but now I'm on a quest to find long acorn style lugnuts...locally.

Yeah, GM Ford and Dodge lug patterns matched for a few years, and GM and Dodge match up till 2011 IIRC, 8x.6.5". Now it's 8x140mm or something stupid. No reason to change whatsoever, but they do anyways...

It's REAL confusing when it comes to 8 lug wheels after the mid 90's. Up to about 97 they all used 8X6.5 lug patterns. In 97 for the new super dutys FORD went to a 8X170MM bolt spacing, and in 05 for the F-350 they went to a 8X200MM. I believe DODGE is still using 8X6.5, but GM went to a 8X210MM and a 8X180MM for the 2011+ trucks.

Back