• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for some help

When doing my conversion I had unwrapped the harness across the firewall and onto the diesel to remove circuits I no longer needed and found sections melted I am amazed there was never a fire from it and yes there were circuit that just no longer worked.

So I decided to go to work today but only made it about 3 miles. Had to get my brother to tow me home. So here's what I ended up finding. The FSO solenoid had failed but that didn't get it running, Ended up chasing wiring down from the remote mounted PMD to the IP. Long long story short ended up that the extension harness for the PMD (Leroy's) was bad. I had some weird readings going on while testing with a DMM. I think unplugging and replugging things a few times made some better connections. So here is my theory on my hot start issue. For those that have been following this saga you may recall that pouring water on my IP when hot would make it start. I think that the FSO solenoid was going bad/intermittent. When I poured water on the IP it cooled the FSO off and made it work better. This was probably compounded by the poor connections in the system. I'm going to be replacing the IP harness in the near future. Hopefully this s the end of the saga, fingers crossed.

When my FSO "leaked" I "discovered" it's the same thread and size as a faucet aerator. The Hardware store had a nice brass plug that size that sealed the hole in the IP. This was before finding the kinked hose behind the FFM under the wire bundle.

Back