• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

looking for newer truck

I can see one day the world we live in will be like the movies Skynet and Matrix, or even the one move about the video game (can't remember the name if it) everything all virtual. even now like at my work. when the internet goes down, were all SOL and can't get anything done, can't use the phones even to call out!! lol we'd be screwed if it goes down and need to call 911. good thing our cell phones don't depend on that.... yet....

I can see one day the world we live in will be like the movies Skynet and Matrix, or even the one move about the video game (can't remember the name if it) everything all virtual. even now like at my work. when the internet goes down, were all SOL and can't get anything done, can't use the phones even to call out!! lol we'd be screwed if it goes down and need to call 911. good thing our cell phones don't depend on that.... yet....
Yeah thats the thing, it’s not bad “yet”, face recognition may not be that advanced here yet, but tech in general is advancing so rapidly it won’t be long.

Also, that’s kinda why they make movies like that, it’s called “conditioning”

well i have another hard desicions to make,while i was looking for a truck,i found something that i thought was impossible,its a truck identical to mine,same year colour, bug deflector,i could take the plates off mine and put it on this truck and no one would know,the only difference is the vin and only 177 thousand kilometers,instead of 300 its unbelievable,do you guys think i would be crazy to buy it or go with newer with more bells and whistles

well i have another hard desicions to make,while i was looking for a truck,i found something that i thought was impossible,its a truck identical to mine,same year colour, bug deflector,i could take the plates off mine and put it on this truck and no one would know,the only difference is the vin and only 177 thousand kilometers,instead of 300 its unbelievable,do you guys think i would be crazy to buy it or go with newer with more bells and whistles
Bells and whistles, as nice as they are, dint get You home.
That sounds to Me like the one to get. Then if it breaks You have the option to use parts from Your truck onto this one.
Go for it.
Maybe install a lift pump on it, and a LP fuel pressure gauge.

crazy to buy it or go with newer with more bells and whistles

Go buy a new one, if you can find one, and expect the dealer to do warranty work on it, when they can get to it, and not provide you a loaner or rental because none around. RAM Warranties do NOT provide either anymore! You need the extended MOPAR Warranty for that...

Spend near 100 Grand on a pickup to just use ride sharing...

I have to make a damned appointment just to get a quickie oil change at GM or RAM dealers over the past couple years. First one is free and almost not worth the trouble to obtain.

What bell and whistle, exactly, you want?

It comes with DEF, shortages may apply, maybe shouldn't burn Diesel because higher priced Diesel shortages may apply, more emissions stuff built by the cheapest beancounter low bidder that may avoid a recall or not... Don't bother with the non-DEF choke to death on it's own soot EGR NOx control... Yeah the ODDS, even though the got the emissions worked out, is simply more to go wrong.

So the bell and or whistle maybe aftermarket has it available?

I will say RAM is currentally kicking GM around the block and taking their lunch money in the lower trims over a radio that sounds good and NO Squeaks or Rattles from "Ain't No Good Unless You Can FEEL IT!!!" sound level out of the radio. Tradesman vs. GM rubber floor work truck that rattled the plastic doors like crazy playing the radio. Higher more expensive trims excluded although still arrogant 'new' GM has forgotten they still sell vans with their horrid sounding outdated pile of krap NAV radio. GM still has models, like vans, with SXM that doesn't get all the channels as of 2020 Model Year.

Anyone have some Lemon hood ornaments? My dad needs two or three for his GMC van.

Back