• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking at replacing my faded cracked taillights...recommendations?

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Reaction score
was thinking about these... red smoked $118
$%28KGrHqF,%21iEE3OkSSp%29eBOG2+cNh%28%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

These... clear red $132

$%28KGrHqR,%21iwE3QhUi8nSBOG2+OJDdw%7E%7E0_12.JPG

or OEM replacements... but new $95

attachment.php

So what do you guys think?

Will probably look for a superbright LED Reverse Light if I go with the LED tails...

GMC.jpg
eBayISAPI.dll

Dont know much about LED lites but I do keep seeing people driving cars and trucks with several little LEDS out and wonder how often they go out and can u replace just one little lite????

Paul, if you are going to replace, make a change. Check with James as to what is good and whats not quality wise.

Dont know much about LED lites but I do keep seeing people driving cars and trucks with several little LEDS out and wonder how often they go out and can u replace just one little lite????
said to last 100,000 hours but that is all subject. the whole light assembly needs changing(not talking about individual replaceable bulbs), if you are talking about the ones used on big rigs. each diode is soldered and sealed with an epoxy, then the assembly is sealed to keep moisture from entering. i have LED's on my stock tails. did some cutting and sealed them with epoxy. they are brighter than stock and i filled in the blank top section with an amber round assembly. i still have hyper flash because i don't want to spend 35.00 on the correct flash unit.

Ones I have seen r aftermarket on reg cars and trucks. So u have to replace the whole taillite over one lil LED out? If so that just made my mind up.

I've got a set of the non smoked LED ones off of EBAY on my BURB and LOVE them. Only downside is the flasher has to be swapped out to one without a lamp outage warning in it. I don't know if you can do that on the new style trucks or not as I believe the BCM controls the flasher. Some install resistors to mimick a regular bulb, but these CAN catch on fire if left powered to long as my front LED turn lights had resistors in them and they almost caught fire when I smelled em smoking as they were wired to work with the run ning lights instead of the turn signals.

I've got a set of the non smoked LED ones off of EBAY on my BURB and LOVE them. Only downside is the flasher has to be swapped out to one without a lamp outage warning in it. I don't know if you can do that on the new style trucks or not as I believe the BCM controls the flasher. Some install resistors to mimick a regular bulb, but these CAN catch on fire if left powered to long as my front LED turn lights had resistors in them and they almost caught fire when I smelled em smoking as they were wired to work with the run ning lights instead of the turn signals.

Got any pics THEFERMANATOR?

I vote for the clear red ones.
I would think the manufactuer has them blinking at a normal rate?
Had a 2003 Yamaha RoadStar Warrior at one time, made my own custom led bulb set for it and they did blink fast. Inorder to fool the flasher I just hid the stock bulbs and keeped them hooked up electricaly.
If needed Maybe you could get the connector for your truck at junk yard and build a T harness to do something simular?

Back