• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looked at this today...

Crankme69

Reaction score
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/rvs/2550448576.html

Very nice inside & out & the owners are willing to deal. Some rust though on the very bottom undercarriage nothing terrible. The bad is the coach has never been stored inside ever & the license plate sticker was showing yr 2007. I don't like that, been setting for 5 yrs :eek: Drivers window needs replacing cracks, that will be $1500.

Michelin tires dated 2007 like new no dry rot but the rubber looks weathered. Roof was rubber dry sealed tight, no water marks anywhere inside & the motor started up good it was cold too ran smooth. Ford 460 I am figuring it will avg 7mpg

I had a Nada print out showing min $8K max of $11K. If they will come down close to $10K I might bite...but I am skeeeeerd that it's been setting tooooo loooong, lord only knows what it might take to make it rode worthy again even with 27K on the clock!

Thoughts comments feedback please... am I out of my freaking mind :???:

Sure looks nice! My parents Damon was a 460 and got 7 mpg cruising and pulling a VW behind it. That went down fast tho when they hit hills but daddy said it pulled great. They tried to wear it out, close to 100000 miles when they sold it and no real engine problems. The generator was always giving them a fit, they finally started running it overnite once a month and problem went away.

Some distant relatives have a motor home with the 460 in it. They have put 150K miles on it and still going strong. The 460 is a good strong motor, however a bit thirsty.

I had a 93 F250 4X4 with the 460 for several years. Great running motor, even at over 175K miles on it. Towing the 29ft trailer we had at that time the thing would get 5-6 MPG when going over the Cascade Mountains. It towed much better than the 6.5 I have now. The big reason for dumping the 460 is that 10 MPG trumps 5-6 MPG (also the super stiff suspension was hard on an already compromised back). The only problem I had to deal with on the 460 was exhaust manifolds warping, which has been a common problem for the 460.

Don

Yea my 7mpg estimate might be in reality more like 5mpg? I plan to tow a 4K pound toad like maybe my VW Passat behind it...

If diesel continues to be 10 cents more then ULR and I see nothing that will change that in the near future, then 1 or 2 mpg can be offset by fuel cost alone.

Now if a 20K pound rig with a diesel could regularly avg double the mpg then that's a different story. I just don't believe based on the info that I have gathered that the delta mpg between diesel & gas coach at 20K pounds or more is that great...?

The other consideration with diesel vs gas is the amount of time that the coach will be idle, with the looks of my retirement funds & the current state of our economy it looks like I may not be able to retire for another 15 yrs or more. So that fact is pushing towards a gas coach as IMO the diesels don't much like setting idle for months at a time. Not that any vehicle likes setting idle just think that may be better tolerated by a gasser...???

I know my grandfathers coach is 36' long and 8' 6" wide and comes in around 12' tall weighing in close to 30K pounds. It has an 8.3L CUMMINS with the 6 speed ALLISON and he averages 8-9 towing a 22 foot box trailer running 60-65. Without the trailer it can bump 10 every once in awhile. His last one was a 36 footer as well, but only 8' wide and 11' tall and weighed in at about 22K pounds. It got a good 11-12 running 60-65 with a 5.9L CUMMINS and an old 4 speed ALLISON with 2 speed converter(the same coach with 460 and the ALLISON only got 4-6 depending on terrain). Only downfall was it only ran about 68-70 with it on the floor and a tail wind pushing it. Diesel coaches can normally easily get 20% better milage than a gas counter part, but some see even more.

Nothing happened I have been searching the net for different coaches & found this, should have known it was a scam, too good to be true. Do us all a favor & when you open the link & flag it if it still opens use the scam target provided in the upper right hand corner.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rvs/2556522624.html I can not stand scam artist.

Here is the reply this friggin scam artist sent me below

The motorhome is not sold yet. It is in a great condition. The engine starts up perfectly and doesn't smoke or hesitate. Quiet exhaust. The transmission shifts smoothly, oil, exhaust system and brakes recently inspected , they are o.k i took good care of it changing oil every 3000 miles religiously.

The tires and brakes are good and the suspension is in excellent condition and has a very nice ride to it. All turn signal, brake, parking and reverse lights work correctly . The interior is in excellent condition. Carpeting and upholstery are in very good shape. There are no roof leaks of any kind, I reseal the roof every season as a precaution. Seats are the originals. The windows have been custom tinted all around which helps keep out the sun when down south and keeps it much cooler.The exterior is in good shape, no accidents or dents to speak of. The body is very solid. No delam. Side walls are strong. The roof is strong as well. All the appliances are in working condition. It has no unpleasant odors of any kind (i.e.; pet, smoke, musty, etc.) . There is no water damage . It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances..

I have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through E-ct services. I guess you used E-ct before, if you didn`t let me know because i met people that never used it and i will explain how it works in detail. I want to sell it now because i need the money for my daughters wedding so if you are interested in buying it now let me know.

Back