• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Longbed crew cab all fun til parking

schiker

Reaction score
First time I’ve ever been stuck. I parked and before I returned people parked beside me and behind. My truck was too long to back out and work steering back and forth. The isle between parking rows was narrower than my truck length.
Dang compact car beside me did not pull fully into space so reduced my front depart angle.

Still happy with 8’bed just have to be more careful.

Last truck was Ext cab short bed.

Yeah, my 99 3500 long bed cc-
I used to like taco bell for lunch and the drive through.
They used to like the bushes next to the drive through.
Turns out I will murder several bushes for some nacho supreme.

And yeah, the parking lots are always a pain.

I had some a-hole in a 2018 F-250 CCLB with South Dakota plates block my Camry in in a parking garage last winter! The moron was pulled in at an angle to the stripes and wasn't pulled all the way up to the front of his stall, so his rear wheels were hanging out past the back bumper of my car and his rear bumper was about 4' out into the aisle. The worst part was he left about 6" between our vehicles because he was also badly off-center as well as at an angle, but there was just over a foot of room at the back edge of the driver's door. I wasn't about to try and climb in the passenger door and over the console in the Camry, so try to wedge myself between the vehicles and slide up to the driver's door.

Well, up on my tippy toes to get my thighs between the narrow spot and started sliding/wedging my way through. Took a couple of minutes of grunting, scrunching and lunging but I finally got to where it finally widened out enough that I could turn and get the driver's door open and scrunch my way into the car.

I figure the ½ to ¾" wide, 2' long, wiggly scrape down to bare metal my belt buckle left along the side of his box between the wheel arch and back door in his white paint as I squeezed through was a fair lesson to the owner to learn to park.

I don't care what size/kind of vehicle you own or drive, if you can't park it, you shouldn't own/drive it. If I could park my 55 ton, fully loaded M-60A3 Main Battle Tank between two trees, at speed, with a foot to clear on each side as we were taking up a defilade battle position, other people better damn well be able to parallel, angle and perpendicular park their own vehicles!

Ever notice that home DIY places like Menards, Home Depot or Lowes when built, have parking lots designed with islands and concrete light pole piers placed in such a way, and then striped with narrow aisles and stalls, to pack in a maximum number of customers in Sentras, Fusions, Odysseys, Tacomas and CRX's, but NO damn room to maneuver or park a K2500 ECLB there to pick up five full sheets of ¾" plywood and a dozen 8' 2x4s? Why the hell can't they at least make the parking lots so you can get a full-sized pickup truck around them?

I usually park in a space where I can pull right straight through.
Like how most parking lots is set up, with room for two wehicles end to end, except, I pull all the way through and make sure the front bumper is dang near out into the lane to keep some dimmaflidget from trying to park ahead of Me.

We have 3 Lowes and 2 Home Depots within 30 miles. If I'm actually picking up lumber, rather than small stuff I usually choose the Lowes that's furthest away, simply because they have the best parking lot. Especially if I need the trailer, they get the business just because of parking lot and load out design. It's about 6 years old, but they've reconfigured the parking lot a couple times to make it better.

Yeah, the Menards nearest me has a complete section for larger trucks and people pulling trailers. I, however, after many thousands of $ spent there, refuse to buy from them after they put mask Nazis at their doors. I'm not sick, I don't need a muzzle... EF YOU!

Yeah, I try to be considerate park farther out. I don’t mind a longer walk. Actually don’t like to park close as more people walk by truck and can see what’s In bed or key it because it’s a nice truck. I fold my mirrors in when appropriate etc. This lot was small and not a lot of options. I had hoped to be back before others came. Was lucky the guy 1 spot over behind me was just parking he pulled out to let me get out. I don’t mind a dually parking in 2 spots as long as it’s out a ways and not obnoxious about it. IMO it’s still better than car parking at a no parking curb at the entrance to a store.

Carry a pair of 3 ton floor jacks.

Sure, the jacks will do nothing for helping get your truck extracted from the ignorant drivers. But, once you finally get the truck free, those jacks are great for turning their vehicle 90* and giving the same opportunity to wiggle their car out of the space now that they are jammed between other vehicles. And for added effect, slide the car way back in the space so that the driver's door is up against another vehicle's bumper. Bonus is the looks and jeers from other people mocking the 'moron' who had to park completely sideways :D

Oh, and get a bumper sticker which reads:

WARNING: I do unto others as they have done unto me!

This way, nobody has reason to complain after finding their car re-positioned :cool:

Last edited:
I park as far away as possible and if there are concrete barriers or islands I park below them.

I should have added that the barriers or islands stop run away shopping carts most of the time. I see people park at the bottom of the parking lot, that's fine, but if there is no protection, those carts build up a lot of speed before they hit. Trust me I know, a shopping cart dinged my truck around the fuel door years ago.

I park a long ways from the entrance to a place, I don't mind to walk. The closer you park the more cars thats going to be around your vehicle, because most people want to park close.

I was parked below an island at Lowes one time, came out of the store and an old junky white ford van was parked real close to my drivers door. There was a dog in the van and the windows were down. I told the dog his owner was an idiot.... :smuggrin: I was pissed at first and looked to see if they had dinged my door. No damage so I sucked in my gut and squeezed in my truck and left.

Back