• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Long, slow build of my truck

That sucks. There are enough people running those that if you put a notice in wanted section a few places for a used bowl I'm sure somebody will burn one up before too long. Also if you're going to talk to Walbro anyways, you might convince them to send you a used one from a non-repairable unit or get a price on just that part.

Definitely over tightened, don't feel bad I and many others been down that road before.

Will you sparked an idea, I'll call my supplier and see if they would remove one of the bowls off the pumps I sent back and send it to me or Pacificdrumma.

Thank you Leroy. I am definitely going to need to do something this week, the truck is coughing slightly when going up hills on the stock LP.

OK, good news. I can get one of the bowls back! They still have not received the ones I sent back, so as soon as they do they will send my new order along with a bowl. I just ask you pay shipping from me to you $9 Priority mail.

Well I think my poor old Carter pump from Napa is on the fritz. It ticks over no problem when the truck is running, but the truck runs like shit with it in. Maybe it got used to the Walbro? Going up hills around town, 25mph, 2k rpm, the truck spits and sputters and coughs terribly. I am worried that it will put a strain on the IP and kill that too. So I said F-it and got out the JB Weld. Its ugly as sin, but I think it will suffice until the new pump comes in from Leroy.

11161350_10204452189807987_1721229208044671182_n.jpg

Mailed new this AM. When the bowl comes in I'm going to eat some cereal then mail it to you.

Vise has to be most use tool in my shop.

That's a fancy jbweld job, just needs some paint!:rolleyes: Well, as long as it seals.

That's a small cereal bowl Leroy, I suggest fruity pebbles instead of honey combs for that one.

Leroy, instead of milk consider using extra virgin olive oil. Tasty, anti-oxidants, (IIRC) vitamin E, nice lube for your guts, and a diesel friendly coating for the bowl when you are done. :)

Unrelated.. got a P0117 code tonight for engine coolant temp sensor malfunction.. truck is behaving normally, temp gauge reads normal... cleared code and it hasnt come back yet. Ghost?

Today I noticed the truck seems to pulsate when accelerating. Almost like a skip but very very slight. Almost not noticeable. No codes and no fluctuation of the tach. I am thinking it's a fuel problem. No smoke either. Just a little slower than usual and seems to pulse a bit. Almost like a small vacuum leak on a lawn mower. I have not yet swapped in the new LP. The current one does not leak and clicks over loud and clear when it gets power. I have ordered a fuel pressure gauge. I'm also going to replace the IP return line with a clear hose to see if it's getting air in the system. Thinking it might be tank sock or maybe injectors???

Could be, but I would get the clear line and fuel pressure gauge on before trying anything else. Those 2 items answer almost all questions fuel related. Lets us know what happens when you get them in.

Unrelated.. got a P0117 code tonight for engine coolant temp sensor malfunction.. truck is behaving normally, temp gauge reads normal... cleared code and it hasnt come back yet. Ghost?

Gauge and the computer use different coolant sensors, so if you don't have a scanner, replace the coolant sensor on the crossover.

Could be, but I would get the clear line and fuel pressure gauge on before trying anything else. Those 2 items answer almost all questions fuel related. Lets us know what happens when you get them in.

A friend suggested that my "fixed" lift pump may be drawing air as well. Although it has a half tube of JB on it, and does not leak fuel, perhaps it is sucking enough air to be an issue.

Gauge and the computer use different coolant sensors, so if you don't have a scanner, replace the coolant sensor on the crossover.

I have access to scanners. I will look into replacing the sensor.

Just thinking out loud, the pump has been on since before it started doing it. It didn't start chugging and missing until I changed the fuel filter last week. Any relation to this issue you think?

Back