• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Long Island New York Area?

Current bid sets at 11,000 right now. I'm not going no higher than 15K not knowing the condition.

Worst cases senerio, if the truck was submerged, would the motor be ok?

Truck has 67,000 on it.

Jeff, did you look up the book value on the truck? Does a flood title mean an insurance company totaled it?

Jeff, did you look up the book value on the truck? Does a flood title mean an insurance company totaled it?

About $30K from what I can tell. Yes, usually it's a insurance total.

This could be a big mistake. I dunno... :confused:

down here when streets flood, all it takes for the insurance company to total a vehicle is for the carpet to get wet...it may be that simple...

That's a big nut for an insurance company to eat. They must have known something to not have fixed it. I have lived around salt water my entire and I will tell you it tears shit up big time. You are at a huge disadvantage with not being able to touch and feel it. To see how high the water got a good place to look would have been in the air ducts. A detail shop would never clean the high tide marks out of there. Its a pretty truck but it seems risky. Also I would guess that flood will be on the title forever so you will run into problems if you go to sell it. Good luck

It is a risk. If it is a good truck with little issues after my use selling wouldn't be a problem. I'm worried as it sets now.

I'd love to be able to get James in to check it out for me. That would tell me yes or no pretty much right there.

Pre Bid is at 14,500 right now. Actual real time bidding starts in 1 hour, 20 mins. Then it's off to the races!

Went for $17,000. Didn't want to take the risk by not being able to look at it being it was a flood salvage.

Going by the Pics, I would have Guessed it woulda Pulled atleast $20k.

My friend said the same. He actually talked me out of it. He bought one awhile back that he parted out, it was flood and he could never get it right. So that scared me. But, now it's time to search somemore.

Since it didn't Sell for much, maybe there really was more to it that you would have to See in Person On / In the Truck.

Back