• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Long Island New York Area?

Salvage Yard. 08 LMM with "Flood Title", from what I can tell. Very minor and I was wanting some eyes to look closer than the pictures to see what the extent of the damage is. Hard to tell by the pictures.

You got a Link?

That Road is Lined with Auto Body's, Chop Shops, ect...

I know that Area Fairly Good.

You got a Link?

That Road is Lined with Auto Body's, Chop Shops, ect...

I know that Area Fairly Good.

It's a Auction Facility called "CoPart", my friend is a salvage dealer and I have his login. For flood titles he recommended me to have a visual, but I'm 2 days away and don't want to waste a drive if it is just junk.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...-72.928083&spn=0.009408,0.022724&z=16&iwloc=A

If you look on that page, it has a marker with "Co Part Auctions". That's the location. The truck sales at 12:00 EST on Wednesday so I was wanting to see what kind of truck it really is before I drop the money.

Attachments

• truckpic1.JPG
    truckpic1.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 5
Ha, with you Saying it's got a Flood Title, is gonna Lead me to believe it's not from around here. It just doesn't Flood like that here, so the only thing I can think of is it maybe Rolled Down a Boat Ramp or something like that.

Looks like it's got an Exhaust on it too.

Ha, with you Saying it's got a Flood Title, is gonna Lead me to believe it's not from around here. It just doesn't Flood like that here, so the only thing I can think of is it maybe Rolled Down a Boat Ramp or something like that.

Looks like it's got an Exhaust on it too.
It does, dash pic has "Clean Exhaust Filter" , so the first owner took the programmer off after he got rid of it.

Looking at the other pictures, he had a pretty good size dent on the driver side bed. Looks like it fell off in a ditch or something. Truck starts and runs fine, insides look great by the pictures. But, you never know. Engine bay looks brand new. Again by the pictures.

How does it Work if I was to go there and Poke around for you? Can you go before the Auction, or can you only go the Day of?

How does it Work if I was to go there and Poke around for you? Can you go before the Auction, or can you only go the Day of?

You can go before auction AFAIK. I'm going to ask my friend in the morning, he does this all the time. I would be great if you could.

Yea, find out from him if regular people can go before the auction and look at it, and then lemme know.

Well, either my friend has to be with you. Or the lady said you have to ask another member out front to let you in under his buyer #, the cost is $20 to get in like that.. So, looks like I'm shit outta luck. I hate to drop a big amount when bid starts but then again it looks like a truck that hasn't been hurt.

Damn that Sucks.

I think it'd be worth it for you to really Consider it. Because like I said, it just doesn't Flood like that here, so whatever "Damage" it might have got, it's gotta be just enough that would give it a Flood Title, so if I had to Guess the "Damage" has gotta be Minor.

Damn that Sucks.

I think it'd be worth it for you to really Consider it. Because like I said, it just doesn't Flood like that here, so whatever "Damage" it might have got, it's gotta be just enough that would give it a Flood Title, so if I had to Guess the "Damage" has gotta be Minor.

It does suck. I don't see a issue to have you walk in there and go over it but, she said you had to actually go under a member so I guess that's understandable. I'm probably going to buy it as long as it doesn't go to high. I would love to know if at least the motor wasn't submerged. But, I don't think as there would be condensation in the headlights :confused:

Here are a few more.

Still can't figure out why the backseat is covered up. :confused:

Attachments

• truckpic2.JPG
    truckpic2.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 5
  • truckpic3.JPG
    truckpic3.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 6
  • truckpic4.JPG
    truckpic4.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 8
  • truckpic5.JPG
    truckpic5.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 6
  • truckpic6.JPG
    truckpic6.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
  • truckpic7.JPG
    truckpic7.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 4
  • truckpic8.JPG
    truckpic8.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 4
Doesn't look like any Water got Inside of it. There would be a High Water Mark on the Leather or Carpet, and I can't See one, so that's good.

Fender is an Easy Fix, you can just get a New one, and the Bed, you can try to Bang it Out, or just get some Bolt-On Flares, and Cover it up as best as you can.

Doesn't look like any Water got Inside of it. There would be a High Water Mark on the Leather or Carpet, and I can't See one, so that's good.

Fender is an Easy Fix, you can just get a New one, and the Bed, you can try to Bang it Out, or just get some Bolt-On Flares, and Cover it up as best as you can.

Exactly, I'm stumped myself why the title is "flood" branded. I've posted all the pictures I have so that is all I can see myself. It has a "Runs & Drive" certification, that's a plus. :D

I'm not worried about body damage. That's a easy fix compared to a dash or electronics ( or motor :eek:) that's been swimming through the river..

Jeff,

can you look for a LBZ CC in similar condition for me in the La Tx Al area?

I can get someone to buy it for me...but I don't want to bug them unless I know somethings available...

Jeff,

can you look for a LBZ CC in similar condition for me in the La Tx Al area?

I can get someone to buy it for me...but I don't want to bug them unless I know somethings available...

Sure thing. I'm on the look out all the time. You got to catch the right deal at the right time. :thumbsup:

Could have got stuck below the high tide line on the beach and had a tide or two roll into it. Having spent a fair bit of time on the Outer Beach at Smith Point, I can say that Salt Water = Bad. Most water damage on LI is going to be salt....

First thing I would do with a truck like that is crack the diff drain and see if I got oil or water...

Could have got stuck below the high tide line on the beach and had a tide or two roll into it. Having spent a fair bit of time on the Outer Beach at Smith Point, I can say that Salt Water = Bad. Most water damage on LI is going to be salt....

First thing I would do with a truck like that is crack the diff drain and see if I got oil or water...

That's the problem. I'm 2 days away and I can't. :mad2:

The truck has a Massachusetts title.

Back