• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Locating a Radiator for My 6.2 Blazer

cornemuse

Reaction score
I replaced the radiator in my '84 diesel Blazer. The replacement radiator was an aluminum with plastic top & bottom. It has a leak about 6" below the top. It leaks out quickly to the leak, but stays there. Doesnt run hot at all. I stay on top of it at all times. The shop I got it from went outta business due to covid, , , ,

Anyways, I cannot find anyone locally who can actually get one. (O'Reillys, Car Quest etc or any local radiator shops) (I blame Gavin 'Satan' Neuman) (I blame him for everything!)

Anyone here facing similar issues?

-corne-

Yes, I blame the democrats in office for a lot of the issues.
Oh, wait. You mean the supply issue. Yeah that is a massive problem all around. When 70 of the workers making $12 an hour or less are not working- that destroys most industry. So yeah- that is a democrat issue right now...

Check w/ Chris of TSP if he can get you a coated Champion. Outside that- there is an amazing radiator shop that is building the best hummer radiators anywhere. But they are reusing the tanks and rebuilding all copper with dimple cores and making the original 3 row a 4 row. It’s called Rod’s Radiator in Redding Ca. now owned by a guy named Mike. The build quality is outstanding. But the price is high compared to what most pay for junk ones from Autozone type places. Imo a radiator is a buy once cry once part- as you are unfortunately experiencing now. A high quality all copper reinforced radiator is a 25-30 year item when beat hard and ran off road. The beauty is when the cores finally give up a good shop can recore it for way less than a new one.

RADIATOR FLOW​
CROSS FLOW​
CORE DIM (H x W)​
19 X 28 1/4​
OVERALL (H x W)​
21 1/8 X 33 1/4​
HOSE LOCATIONS​
IN: DRIVER - OUT: PASSENGER​
HOSE FITTINGS​
IN: 1 1/2 - OUT: 1 1/2​
TRANS COOLER​
NO​
MOUNTING TYPE​
SADDLE MOUNT​

I thought that at some point, they changed radiator design/shape/style. I know 82 83 84 85, maybe 86, are all the same. When did they change exterior body style? Did they change under-hood components also?

For your 85 Blazer, iirc, the 454 gasser and 6.2 diesel radiators were the same critter. I somehow remember that with our 6.2 Blazer CUCV's back when I was an Army Maintenance Officer back in the 80's and 90's. If not exactly the same, I believe they interchange fit-wise.

Back