• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LMM Gas Mileage

LMM Mileage

• Total voters
OK, best possible conditions; I had a slight tailwind (very slight), filled 'er up, sat down and drove 613 miles without stopping and I got 20.1 mpg on the DIC. That was with about a thousand pounds of gear, AND my ladders and rack, which are like giant sails. I think that if I had no ladders or rack with a tonneau cover, I would have gotten 22

Now, driving back west with an ever so slight headwind, I got about 18.5.

All in all, I am very pleased with my MPG's. And, like many have said, it seems to be getting better now that I am over 15K on the clock

Ahhh..so maybe time will tell. I'm still sittin at 7K.

from factory 11, after PPE 14, then after break in and efi been around 15. still crap my old ford used to get 17.:cuss:

Unreal Mileage

How's your gas milage been lately in your LMM? Please include mileage, mods, and driving style. This will help us all in getting the best possible drop out of every $5:prrr: per gal we can get.

I have a crew cab 2500 08 with 9400 miles and just changed all the fluids to Amsoil and am now getting 21.5 mpg on the hwy and 14 -15 in the city. I am not a dealer for Amsoil or have any stake in them I only joined to get the discount. I'm using all synthetics including Torque Drive, Severe Gear (diffs), Diesel Oil 5w-40, Synthetic ATF (transfer case) and just started adding Diesel Concentrate (ADF) instead of power service. I can't say which of these made the difference but never got better than 18 mpg before on the hwy. I went to a shop that transfers all of the alison tranny oil using 17 qts with one of those pump machines they hook up while it is running to capture out all the old oil. I also get to speed without a lead foot but do drive 65-70. hope this helps

Fuel Mileage

I have a 2008 GMC Extended Cab, Shortbed, Duramax
Allison, with about 8,500 on the odometer I average
around 14-15 with a city/highway mix mostly city. On
the highway I have gotten up to 19.1 and that was on
a trip from Jupiter, to Florida Keys at 50-60 mph. Towing
with less than 1000 miles I averaged 10.5 to 11.0 even
11.5 so really the truck is doing well.
Not driving a GMC Sonoma here!:nopity:

just got back from an 1800 mile round trip...averaged 75 mph....and 17.8 mpg 42000 miles on the clock

Hey guys. I'm part of the LMM group now as I got my '08 yesterday. I'll be lurking around here getting as much info about the LMM as I can and add my imput when I can. Drove off the lot with 167 miles on the truck yesterday, and don't expect to see real true MPG numbers for at least a few thousand miles (5000 miles or so). I haven't voted in this poll yet and will wait to do so so I can give some better numbers other then the break in period where I know I won't see the best of this engine.

I've heard they don't fully loosen up until 50k, and the 20.5 mpg i just pulled down the other day kinda confirmed that, in my mind.

I've heard they don't fully loosen up until 50k, and the 20.5 mpg i just pulled down the other day kinda confirmed that, in my mind.

That's with the 05 LLY in your sig right? I have heard a few guys say they are getting 18-20 mpg. But one said he was going off of what the DIC said. So I'm never sure how true that is. Hand caculated I'm getting 15.2 mpg with just over 1000 miles on it. Runs real smooth and no complaints from me. Even had to take it through some hard off roading for work. Almost thought I had it burried a couple times but kept it moving and got it through some thick mud.

it really depends on how I drive......65 mph on the highway 20+ round town with the hammer down 14

Last tank was horrible. Be it all that about 150 miles of the tank was in 4wd I got 13.8. Just filled up today before heading to Thanksgiving Dinner and was back up just under 16. Have been trying to be better about not being hammer down all the time. Trying to back it down a little. See how that goes.

Dads gets about 16-17 driving around and 20+on the highway its pretty good for something with a huge DPF filter on it.

Drove up to Superior/Duluth from home (McHenry, Il) about 4 weeks ago and with the cruise set at 71 mph, I got 17.8. Had a little bit of a head wind. Last week, drove home from Ladysmith, Wi, and set the cruise at 65; got 18.5 mpg. I have an LT1 model so there is no way that I know of, to know when the truck is in regen. Those numbers do make me wanna make it a turbo back set up it like my '06. I would like to keep it somewhat legal, but it is tempting.

Hmmmm....I guess I'm around 13K miles now. Get 20+ highway. Seen as low as 9 in 4wd dragging people out of the mud or pulling the drag. On a recent hunt, towed a small trailer...not much weight at all (not a camper, just a huge canvas tent and all the supplies), and got around 12mpg there. No mods really. Just a level with 33" mud tires.

That's with the 05 LLY in your sig right? I have heard a few guys say they are getting 18-20 mpg. But one said he was going off of what the DIC said. So I'm never sure how true that is. Hand caculated I'm getting 15.2 mpg with just over 1000 miles on it. Runs real smooth and no complaints from me. Even had to take it through some hard off roading for work. Almost thought I had it burried a couple times but kept it moving and got it through some thick mud.
Wow, I missed this thread.

Yes, it was w/ the LLY. I filled up before we left, and at the same pump, going to the same point, and it was exactly 20.5 mpg.

Back