• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LMM Gas Mileage

LMM Mileage

• Total voters
Well I used to say (with my inside voice) that these guys given out big numbers:icon_bs: are like listenin to truck drivers on the CB. I now have almost 30k on my 7.5 3500 DRW LTZ.
I did a round trip on weekend of about 225 miles. On the dic mind you the first part came up to 19.6 mpg. Dropped to 16.8 after hitting the big city. Finished off at 17.1 .
This was a very pleasant surprise as the last time I bothered to check the best I ever got was 16.8 on hwy. I'm pleased as hell getting those numbers.:D
Cruise was set at 60 mph on hwy.

It all depends on how I drive.

With fresh air & fuel filters, and easy driving 68-70 unloaded I can pull 19+ pretty easily.
I step it up to 75 or so and it drops to 18. City unloaded = 14-15.
Flat Highway with 8k trailer (Jeep on Trailer) = 14-15, up and down the mountain 11-12.

Cant really complain. Mind you, those numbers are with a well maintained rig. If I let the air filter go too long, then they go to crap real fast!

Back