• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LML CP4 Lawsuit

And now that time has passed the 2019+ Cummins engines are going all FORD: Found On Road Dead. :finger: Didn't see that coming. Seeing some dead at 7,000 miles as the CP4 took injection system out. There is already a "revision" of the Cummins CP4 pump out. Parts are a big delay: 30+ days. Talk about Lemon Law qualification over the delays in parts alone.

Maybe the ignorant Bean Counter(s) at Cummins will get fired for the lack of research on a proven failure on other platforms of the CP4. I wonder if they were formally employed at GM?

I will admit getting away from the CP4 is the best diesel reliability decision I have seen from GM. If I have to buy a 2021 1 ton diesel pickup today it would be a GM V8 Duramax because with MY luck a CP4 has no business breaking down around me, period.

And now that time has passed the 2019+ Cummins engines are going all FORD: Found On Road Dead. :finger: Didn't see that coming. Seeing some dead at 7,000 miles as the CP4 took injection system out. There is already a "revision" of the Cummins CP4 pump out. Parts are a big delay: 30+ days. Talk about Lemon Law qualification over the delays in parts alone.

Maybe the ignorant Bean Counter(s) at Cummins will get fired for the lack of research on a proven failure on other platforms of the CP4. I wonder if they were formally employed at GM?

I will admit getting away from the CP4 is the best diesel reliability decision I have seen from GM. If I have to buy a 2021 1 ton diesel pickup today it would be a GM V8 Duramax because with MY luck a CP4 has no business breaking down around me, period.
My son just recently purchased a 2019 Dodge 3500 series, single rear wheel, is this CP4 thing a concern for Him. His was close to the last 2019 that came off of the assembly line. He special ordered it just before the door was closed on the 19s.

My son just recently purchased a 2019 Dodge 3500 series, single rear wheel, is this CP4 thing a concern for Him. His was close to the last 2019 that came off of the assembly line. He special ordered it just before the door was closed on the 19s.
ALL CP4's can be a ticking time bomb. It's just the nature of the pump.

Since this is brought back up: 2021 RAM Cummins pickups went back to a CP3 after the very predictable 2019-2020 CP4 disaster. I am impressed someone gave a damn enough at Cummins to step away from the CP4 disaster after just 2 model years and not long after a CP4 revision came out. Maybe the warranty "replace fuel system" at say a low 7000 miles and eat the truck as a LEMON due to parts shortages made the bean counters cry.

For the 2019 and 2020's there is a couple simple drop in CP3 conversion kits out there now.

https://ssdiesel.com/product/2019-ram-cp3-conversions/

Warranty after a CP3 conversion is a good risk question as there have been a few bottom end failures showing up on the new 6.7 CGI engines.

Back