• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY/LBZ FAQ's

Barry, here's a couple pics of the part that you need to take out.

Take the intake off. Just the end piece with the fins, pop it out. Cut the fins out leaving just the plastic ring and the rubber seal. Clip the ring back onto the intake and reinstall the intake.

Pretty simple.

Attachments

• HPIM0943.jpg
    HPIM0943.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM0944.jpg
    HPIM0944.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM0602.jpg
    HPIM0602.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 19
Barry, here's a couple pics of the part that you need to take out.

Take the intake off. Just the end piece with the fins, pop it out. Cut the fins out leaving just the plastic ring and the rubber seal. Clip the ring back onto the intake and reinstall the intake.

Pretty simple.

X2:thumbsup:

Been traveling so I haven't been able to do a lot on my truck. I did get the intake airbox mod done and it is a great mod that doesn'y cost anythimh. If you are just interested in increasing your airflow and not concerned with cosmetics. The aftermarket intake systems are really expesive and as long as I don't go for a max motor this will be fine.

Thanks everyone.

Next I will be doing the EGR blocker and the PCV reroute as the evidence shows that they really help your motor stay clean. I still need to do my Transgo Jr and then get a 4" exh. TB. I looked at the stainless units and the cost plus the 5" tip that comes with most of them is pretty gaudy to a senior guy like me. I will probably go with an aluminized system and possibly add a resonator to help it be quiet.

I installed my EGR Blocker, and Edge EVO Race CTS on Level 3 w/EGT, and a PCV Reroute. I really need to do the Transgo Jr now as the extra power makes the stock shift pattern very noticable when you get on the motor hard.

Installed my Transgo Jr and Shifts are a little better but with the 85 Hp tune on the EER level 3 I am maxed out until I do a transmission upgrade. I need to start saving for a build kit.

Hummer 2 wheels are a direct fit in the LBZ 2500. You can also use the original caps by cutting off the little pads on the inside. It is a 17" X 8.5". It has the proper backfit for the 2500 and a 285 tire is perfect with only minor trimming of the plastic inner fender well.

Back