• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY Fuel Tank Leak..With Video. Need some help.

x2. right at the 90 degree bend. pull the line and pressure check with shop air input capping the other end, then spray with soapy water watching for bubbles.
Just take the fuel cap off and put some pressure on it that way.

Pickup assembly has suction, return, vent, and fuel sensor.

100_3344 main tank resized.jpg

100_3353 fuel pickup assy resized.jpg

I might have missed it Gerald but yours is a first that I'm aware of. Good luck with it.

Well the fuel leak has been fixed. It was a return line that was installed wrong by someone or even the factory who knows. It wasn't in in the factory plastic clip, but between the truck floor and tank. It rubbed a whole in the line. I tried to weld it, but it burned through so I cut that section out and put a hose on and double clamped it. Lets hope this holds. Thanks for the help on this guys.

Good that you found it Gerald. You probably should make sure you have a top quality hose on there that will survive all the weather variances you encounter. And make sure it can't rub again. But you already knew these things... ;)

Back