• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lift Pump Relay Harness $120 (Video)

My hummer already has the heavy wire and relay, but I am mighty in love with that momentary switch. Nice work Leroy.

I could also add a wire to the GP relay so LP primes/pumps when GPs are on.

That's how I did mine. Wire the relay so the pump is on pin 30, then run a wire from 87A to the glows, and make 87 12 volt+. That way the pump can never backfeed the glows, but will get power from either source.

That's the way I did mine. The Buddy dual lift pump relay upgrade. A reasonably priced kit would be a nice feature.

I do prefer the mountable relay socket as opposed to mounting the relay and the socket plugging into it.

I would also like an on/off option as well as or instead of the momentary. I frequently let my lift pump run when doing diagnostics

I also run my ground back to the battery since I do the battery bolt/Allen screw upgrade

Looks like a nice harness and would be worth the money.

I could also add a wire to the GP relay so LP primes/pumps when GPs are on.

Mine (if wired up for it) and the way Ferm discribed his only use one relay. You dont need two like Buddy did to do "prime before start".
FWIW the relay is made in USA and is a weather pack/sealed unit.
With the female spades I use for the switch you can easily put an on/off switch inplace of the momentary. I use a momentary because I dont want someone to forget about it an drain the battery

Mine (if wired up for it) and the way Ferm discribed his only use one relay. You dont need two like Buddy did to do "prime before start".
With the female spades I use for the switch you can easily put an on/off switch inplace of the momentary. I use a momentary because I dont want someone to forget about it an drain the battery

Can you get the same relay with a mountable socket instead of a mountable relay?

I like the easily swapped switch. I would probably leave the momentary on all the time except when I wanted a toggle.

Is your ground wire long enough to reach the batteries?

I can make it as long as you need. I build them as ordered. Just email me if you do order one with the request.
Off hand Im not familiar with the mountable socket. I'll google it and see what comes up. Are they weather sealed?

Yep, theres no reason to run 2 relays for a fuel pump.

I can make it as long as you need. I build them as ordered. Just email me if you do order one with the request.
Off hand Im not familiar with the mountable socket. I'll google it and see what comes up. Are they weather sealed?

I would think they would have something at Waytek. I bought mountable sockets there when I did mine. They were not weather sealed. I would think some supply house would have weather sealed relay sockets and relays though

http://www.waytekwire.com/products/...Size=36&Component-Type=Mounting-Brackets&pg=3

OK yeah I saw a bunch last night like those, but no sealed units. I wouldint change at this point anyway as I have an inventory of mountable relays now. Mine are sealed and IMO don't see an advantage to a mountable socket in this app, i'd rather have the sealed unit.

The only advantage is ease of swapping relays if need be.

I have also pulled my relays to do diagnostic testing.

I recommend people do this upgrade all the time. As far as I'm concerned it's a must do with the prime while the glow plugs are on for 94 and 95's. A ready made kit like this would have been an easy sell before I did mine. The heavier wires run to the lift pump is a real bonus. Gm wiring seems to be marginally sized everywhere you look.

Have you ever considered doing the headlight harnesses?

Like this:

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5004-88-98-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Harness-Kit-(NEW)

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5004-88-98-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Harness-Kit-(NEW)/page52

At this time Im not interested. But I do have on mine a 4 on hi relay. I really like that and might be interested in doing some of those.

Back