• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lift pump not working and truck keeps stalling

Yep, I usually keep a paperclip in the ashtray for this very reason. Acts as my OPS jumper to get the lift pump powered up when the OPS goes bad and also use it to read the trouble codes.

Had a similar problem on my '94. Turned out to be the o-ring on the inlet side of the lift pump. New set of O-rings solved the problem.

Took a close look at the o-rings I pulled out and there was a small nick in the o-ring from the inlet. enough to let air in under suction. I had just put in a new lift pump (with new O-rings) and the problem showed up a couple weeks after the install.

No bud no change. Seems to run about 15 min no prob at all and then just stops. Sometimes restarts right away and sometimes not. Starts cold no prob at all. Starts on one PMD in the fashion stated above but will not start at all on the other one I have that was in the truck for about 2 yrs. beginning to think the prob may be the PMD's I have are faulty. I have examined the fuel lines and tightened the clamps but still runs the same. Think I may bite the bullet and buy a PMD.

Back