• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

liberty diesel

The video doesn't show up. So far I am really loving this little thing. It does have the dreaded f37 tune but even with that this little thing has plenty of power.

20150202_185021.jpg 20150202_185059.jpg 20150202_185105.jpg 20150202_185021.jpg Finally got around to changing the oil. I put the larger Mobil 1 m1-301 filter on that brought the total oil capacity to 7 qts. Then I replace the air filter with a new but stock stp unit, and cleaned the map sensor. Wow was it dirty. Because I am in California I have to leave the maf plugged in until after I get it smogged (I hate this state's emissions laws). Then we will see how she does on MPGs

Yep, that's how they look.

You got it cleaned up enough to actually see the sensor and no more soot on it, right?

That's correct. It looked bran new when I put it back in. I wanted to take a picture of it all cleaned up but got too excited and had it back in and driving around before I remember that I wanted the pictures. Also I set the tire pressure go the max of 44 psi they where all around 29-30 psi so that should also help the fuel economy, plus it made it ride much better.

I had the lift pump, FS2500, European torque converter and Weeks Elbow installed on mine when the new engine went in.

From what I have read a lift pump is not a bad idea. Plenty of info on that at Lost. I'm also pretty disappointed in the fuel mileage. the best we have got is 25 mpg.

From what I've read, seems half the people get 30 and up and the other half get 25 and below. Haven't really figured out a cause and effect yet.

Today I passed smog, so the first thing I did was unplug the MAF sensor. The check engine light did come on, but with the clean MAP, and disconnected MAF it is running pretty smooth. I will check back in with some updated MPG data after a few days

Well the map had to be plugged back in the same day I unplugged it because it caused some drivability issues. But it has been running better. Around town driving it gets about 20.9 mpg and highway is 23.2 mpg still pretty disappointed but I found some nice tunes I want too try out once I get my mpps cable.

:(Wasn't really driving bad. But now it seems more responsive. Unfortunately my wife said it stalled on her at a stop light the other day so that means it will probably need a front pump and torque convert soon

Mine had the Trans " TSB fixes" done to it already when I bought it, and it's still slow to go into Reverse some mornings.

Supposedly caused by the Drainback Valve in the Trans Filter.

Yep mine does that too. Seems like I tend to buy vehicle that take a lot of work but once your done they are amazing.. i.e. the many 6.5 turbos I have purchased and fixed all the little things to then have a nice truck, and now this that needs to be gone through and tweaked before it becomes a reliable and economic car.

Did jeep use the same tranny as the one in my renegade gasser? That tranny shuddered and was slow to go into reverse after about 25k. It still does, but has not died yet at 140k.

Back