• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Other Lenovo Thinkpad X200, new battery, new SSD, Columbus, OH

VW_Lupo_TD

Reaction score
I am on a roll and need to keep on the cleaning out the office mission.

Offering for sale from a no kids, no pets, militant non smoker home - one of my previous X200s - those familiar with the old (IBM) thinkpad design need no introduction, the rest of you can read the plethora of reviews and tests.

I custom ordered this one in January of 2010 and it served me well for a year and was replaced with another x-series thinkpad. I forgot the price new (but am sure in excess of $1500) but as soon as I find time I will dig that out and also list all the specs - it was "fully loaded" and I know it is equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo P8800 @ 2.66GHs x2 (64 bit) and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS shows 2.8GiB of memory (so it physically has 4GB I assume).

A few days ago I installed a new trackball, a brand new 120GB Team Group L3 SSD and before that in November 2015 it received a new OE replacement 9 cell battery.

Since a remark in my last for sale ad (1st gen X1 carbon) intrigued me about the possibility of running Ubuntu I removed the factory Windows partition from this one (burned to CD and included), installed the SSD and started installing Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (which is now installed) and I must say it has completely changed my life. I am not kidding. I have yet to find a flaw / good reason not to escape the hellhole that is Windows 10.

EVERYTHING ran straight "out of the box" with a minor tweak needed to control the fan speed (noise) and was an absolute delight to install and get running.
Everything I thought I needed and that tied me to MS / Windows can be replaced for free
(photoshop -> GIMP etc etc) and runs just as good if not better.

boot time is ~12 seconds, battery run time with second lowest brightness setting is 7:30 mins in idle. this was before tweaking the fan speed and installing anything.

Enough Ubuntu raving - the X200 will come with the factory AC adapter and in a timbuk2 case, because it just fits the X200 perfectly, the factory recovery disks in case someone wants to go back to MS / Windows and the factory paperwork. Sorry, no box, cable ties or anything else on this one.

Since I am now installing Ubuntu on my new 3rd gen X1 I would like to see this one go to a good home as well.

There are no dead pixels, no real wear or tear, no real dents dings or scratches !
I would say for a notebook of this age this is in MINT condition and even looks better than most of my colleagues 6 month old machines. I take care of my stuff.

asking $200 shipped within the CONUS insured and tracked
paypal friends / family / gift (no fee) payment only.

plenty of recent pics here :

https://goo.gl/photos/zYyRxKZ9dxbawuBM6

sorry, not a tablet / touch screen version.
I specifically ordered it this way and all subsequent thinkpads after that as well.
don't like fingerprints on my screens....

including the now wiped 240GD HD in a new orico enclosure - perfect size for backups or whatever....

What system did it originally come with, and did you have those disks?

On this new system, will a guy be able to run some windows programs like Office, and can you install vehicle diagnostics software for the 6.5L?

Windows 7 Pro on recovery disks included.

upload_2016-6-10_6-49-14.png

Ubuntu has office and all that already out of the box (FREE!)
as well as a piece of software called WINE, which is a Windows Emulator,
which I have not tested since my main priority (in life) is to break the shackles
from Microsoft (since Windows 10 ruined it) and never use anything Microsoft related again.

So you would have to google if WINE could run your diagnostics software - I do not see why not though.

and if you want to be safe you can just throw Windows 7 pro on there again.
all you need is an external optical drive, if you do not have one, I can do it before I ship it out.
On the condition that you seriously reduce the number of lines in your signature.
that shit is too much ;-)

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-10_6-48-23.png
    upload_2016-6-10_6-48-23.png
    332.8 KB · Views: 2
external Optical drive, for those of us who dont know squat about proper teminology (Me! :) lol) , I assume that is a "Cd Drive" that the laptop does not have built in?

Does it have the equipment installed for wireless internet access? I assume this different OS can run Chrome and Firefox?

10 lime green leisure suits ≠ 1 Hugo Boss :woot:

these smileys suck...where is the joking laughing one when you need it...

Hey now! A person can sleep in a lime green leisure suit and be comfortable and care free. :) Slept in the Hugo Boss (Duramax) worst front seat sleep in my life. :)

download1.jpg

hookedup50 - this has not been sold, however I am out of the country until the 29th
but can ship on the 30th if payment was taken care of before then.

I would be glad to see it go to a good home.

kind regards

I'll get in touch on the 30th. I need to get a carcode only computer with win7 as the software people don't seem to want to update. I tried using my win8 in win7 mode, but not computer literate enough to figure it out.

darn, I forgot to "watch" this thread, so I kinda forgot about it.

I am still interested, and I finally have some funds allocated for it.

no reply from hookedup50 or GM Guy - this forum used to be known for men of their word.
I have rarely if ever dealt with flakers here.
this is a killer deal for anyone needing a reliable computer.....

hookedup - coversation with paypal info sent !
if you send paypal gift / friend / family payment today then i can send it out tomorrow morning !
thanks

Back