• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Left turn stays on with head lights

chevyCowboy

I might be crazy but i ain't dumb
Reaction score
This started on sunday.

With the headlights ON the left turn signals stay on (they are brighter than with just the park lights on and the turn arrow in the dash stays on). if i try and turn the left turns on they dont flash.

With the headlights OFF and the left turn they flash as they should but the dash lights and park lamps blink as well.

im leaning towards something shorting between the parklights and the left turn circut but where could it be?

Make shure all the grounds for all the lights are good and the battery connection to the body is good. Bad grounds do goofy things with tailights and turn signals.

How's about a bulb installed that is connecting a running light circuit to a left turn signal. Like a single filament bulb in place of a dual filament one? Or a bulb that vibrated and is cross connecting them. Depending on tail lamps I know some had problems with a printed circuit style assembly and could burn out connection point and could be in there.
Just ran into this lastnight and read this now, so thought I'd throw this on for next reader it might help.

How's about a bulb installed that is connecting a running light circuit to a left turn signal. Like a single filament bulb in place of a dual filament one? Or a bulb that vibrated and is cross connecting them. Depending on tail lamps I know some had problems with a printed circuit style assembly and could burn out connection point and could be in there.
Just ran into this lastnight and read this now, so thought I'd throw this on for next reader it might help.

didnt realize i never reposted with what the problem was on this but IIRC it was a bulb issue

Back