• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Left Side Door Window, Switch, Motor ?

MrMarty51

Reaction score
2000 K3500, CC, single rear wheel, long box.

Have a problem with the drivers side electrical window, but, not until the air temps gets into the mid 80s.
Then when the door and interior of the truck is hot, that one window fails to function.
Yesterday I had the A/C system charged up. Ran the A/C for maybe 5 minutes and the window began to once again function as it should.
Switch, motor, broken wire, thoughts ? Or just replace all three and be done ?

Look for loose connections.
A trick to test if the motor is bad and the heat is breaking point- pull panel off, turn on a/c to get it cool so it works.
Get a hair dryer. Apply heat first to motor and test. If it works then you have a faulty connection.

If it really is heat induced, running the hair dryer to heat up motor, switch, connections. I cannot remember where the relay is for that, but it is possibility too.

Look for loose connections.
A trick to test if the motor is bad and the heat is breaking point- pull panel off, turn on a/c to get it cool so it works.
Get a hair dryer. Apply heat first to motor and test. If it works then you have a faulty connection.

If it really is heat induced, running the hair dryer to heat up motor, switch, connections. I cannot remember where the relay is for that, but it is possibility too.
Good plan. I do have a hair dryer the wifey wasnt using and it somehow found its way into the garage and in a secret hidey hole in the tool box.
Dont know when I will mess with the door/window, probably after I get back home from Alaska, later in July.
Need to install the new coolant system pump and the coated radiator. Going to install two new Delco 190* T-stats too. Then hope it heats up mo more. On the engine components.

I'm having the same trouble! after mine sits in the hot sun all day the drivers windows wont work until I get it cranked up and cooler in the cab. it might be a relay problem. I can faintly hear a click noise from under the dash somewhere, just haven't bothered to look for it!

Back