• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Left battery tray 1996 - 1998 6.5 diesel

Let me check. I never throw out a decent battery box when I scrap out one of those trucks. I'm working today but I can check tonight.
I'm pretty sure I have one for the '88- 94 but IIRC there is a difference.

Honestly, I've seen no difference between 94-98, I will have to check. They are all steel.
I believe you are correct in that they are all steel but there is a difference in the way they are made. Not to say you couldn't make an older one work, IIRC they are different because of the evap system mounted in the corner. Diesel trucks shouldn't have an issue. I could be wrong about that!

I am mounting this on a Toro. I chose the tray I did, because it could mount with 4 bolts and 2 90 degree supports to mount on the outside of the frame.

I'm sure other applications for group 34/78 batteries will work. I just do not know what to look for soecifically.

One I looked at was wide across the front and I would have to cut it down or it would stick too far out from the frame.

Still looking for a tray and am open to suggestions.

This is for the snowblower, so it is going to get more pressing.. I can always use the old open air backhoe, but for some reason, the heated cab Toro seems rather inviting.

I use a group 34/78 DT. For a battery.

The only reason I was looking for something from a GMT400 diesel, is they are the only vehicle that I know what the battery box looks like and I like the rubber hold down.

I know there are some similar that have a bump out that would put the outside of the battery farther out from the frame.

As long as its steel I can hack, whack and weld, I can make anything work, but I would just as soon do the least amount of work possible.

Thanks

Still looking for a tray and am open to suggestions.

This is for the snowblower, so it is going to get more pressing.. I can always use the old open air backhoe, but for some reason, the heated cab Toro seems rather inviting.

I use a group 34/78 DT. For a battery.

The only reason I was looking for something from a GMT400 diesel, is they are the only vehicle that I know what the battery box looks like and I like the rubber hold down.

I know there are some similar that have a bump out that would put the outside of the battery farther out from the frame.

As long as its steel I can hack, whack and weld, I can make anything work, but I would just as soon do the least amount of work possible.

Thanks
If that's the case couldn't you use a steel passenger side battery box?

Back