• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LED Clearnce lights on the 1994 K3500

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Do they make some aftermarket LED clearance lights for our trucks. I've had nothing but futile efforts trying to keep mine all lit>

I also have one completely broken off now.

Complete replacement units wouldn't be all bad.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I put LED bulbs in mine, under 10$ for 2 at the part store. Havnt had a problem and I got 9 cab lights on mine :)

One of the members here had suggested http://www.v-leds.com/ when I bought some for my lund moon visor. Make sure to buy the same color bulb as the lense you are putting it behind.

I found that the LED replacement bulbs just made the lights look alot brighter, they dont look like the LED's on the new chevy cab lights. But I still think they were worth it.

I think LMC also sells complete LED kit with lights and all.

-Nick

GM actually made LED cab clearance lights for 88-02 trucks. They're an OPTION on Medium Duty cabs. GM wants $$$$$$ for the bulbs (only thing different).

I went to a truck supply and bought GE bulbs. I polished the lenses and reinstalled them after body work and paint. Still shining bright. LEDs would be nice tho.

What are the part numbers for 1 & 6?

I need 5 new amber lenses. I'm giving up on the aftermarket.

I ordered 2 different sets. One set wasn't going to make it for several weeks so I canceled. The other set from realtruck.com just plain sucked. It didn't mount flat to the roof and the seal didn't extend past the screws so water could get in. Part number IPC-LEDR-303C

Thanks
Jeff

The GM P/N's I have saved for the bulbs are: 15837508 & 25791139 for reference.

View attachment 33777

I bought the clear Recon lenses that came w/LED bulbs and they're great. Physically the lenses are identical to OEM, just clear instead of amber. They fit perfectly and looked good.

The OEM lenses are readily available at most dealers. It's been forever since I bought any, maybe 5 years, but they were around $5/ea at the time.

Richard

Just to revive an old thread...

I have 185 of the 25791139 LED bulbs available, just dug them out of the garage if anyone is interested.

I'd pay somebody $100 to get my clearance lights working and guarantee them for as long as I own my truck. LOL

Everybody tells me they never have to touch them. On every vehicle I've ever had with clearance lights, I've always constantly messed with them

I would have to say a watertight seal around the lamp housing and dielectric grease on contacts, should give many years of trouble free operation. Unless there is a significant wiring issue.

Back