• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LED Clearnce lights on the 1994 K3500

Mine are always acting up since I got the truck. I'd like to tackle any issues while I have the headliner down. Basicly take care of what above poster said. Its gonna be above freezing the next couple of days and gonna run water hose over them.

Mine are always acting up since I got the truck. I'd like to tackle any issues while I have the headliner down. Basicly take care of what above poster said. Its gonna be above freezing the next couple of days and gonna run water hose over them.

At least I'm not the lone stranger. Always a bad bulb or wiggled connection. I've never had much luck with those little bulbs in general

You would think, that an option like that on a truck (that has a bulb cost of 40.00+ on a GM website) would have some kind of a lifetime warranty. Are you guys in "cold climates"? Maybe the SMD LED lights can't handle the season changes, just a thought.

Guess I am the odd-ball in that the clearance lights (on my SOB tow rig) are working just fine. Thought about adding clearance lights to the Burb, but more interested in the exterior visor that has them integral to the leading edge. If I do go LED, my go-to source is VLeds as the failure rate is low, and when one does die while in warantee, they are quick to swap the dead for a good one.

You would think, that an option like that on a truck (that has a bulb cost of 40.00+ on a GM website) would have some kind of a lifetime warranty. Are you guys in "cold climates"? Maybe the SMD LED lights can't handle the season changes, just a thought.
Would you still happen to have any of those LED lamps, and if so how much for them?

@jrsavoie out here in the dry prairie we dont seem to have a lick of trouble with the clearance lights, in fact IDK if I have ever changed one. We did get a hail storm back in september that may have cracked a couple, so I plan on getting a few.

Someone is selling genuine GM lenses on ebay for around 40 bucks for a set of 5.

As far as getting rid of the 194 bulbs and going with LEDs, If @Don Rupanovic does not reply, @88gmctruck has a few sets in the classifieds if you want OE grade goodness.

With both Don and 88gmc, I am still super curious how in the heck one gets ahold of that many bulbs. :)

Good luck!

@jrsavoie out here in the dry prairie we dont seem to have a lick of trouble with the clearance lights, in fact IDK if I have ever changed one. We did get a hail storm back in september that may have cracked a couple, so I plan on getting a few.

Someone is selling genuine GM lenses on ebay for around 40 bucks for a set of 5.

As far as getting rid of the 194 bulbs and going with LEDs, If @Don Rupanovic does not reply, @88gmctruck has a few sets in the classifieds if you want OE grade goodness.

With both Don and 88gmc, I am still super curious how in the heck one gets ahold of that many bulbs. :)

Good luck!
I can tell you exactly how I got ahold of that that many bulbs... @83GMCK2500 and I bought them from Don.
:)

Back