• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leaky truck

EricinAK

Reaction score
My truck leaked when ever i start it.it does not leak when the engine is off. It is deffenetly coolant. I was hoping that some one might be able to give me some advice. I think it is comming from under the engine since it is not wet on top. I checked the hoses and no luck. And it is not the radiator.

It is probably at the coolant crossover quick connect which can go anywhere under and evaporate during engine run.

By the way, this is to answer the original questions and not about Sarah Palin.

no fuel rail on a 6.5. just 8 seperate injection lines. i know i had a huge coolant leak under the crossover because i didnt seat the gasket properly. went through the entire engine valley and through the weep hole of the tranny case where the tq converter is. i thought there was coolant in the tranny until i did a thourough inspection

I found it was the fuel pressure hose, the one that conects to the fuel injection pump. I had to get a new hose and no more leak! Think you Ll for the help and the replys

Freeze plugs??
Maybe Sarah is playing a trick on you?? by dumping some coolant on the ground.

Back