• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lbz knock

Okay. And I forgot to add the blow by coming out of the oil cap. Almost looks like white smoke.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OK, it is most likely a misfiring cylinder. Which could be anything from a bad injector to a hole in a piston.

A code reader could narrow which cyl. it is and a compression test could tell the health of the cyl. Loosening an injector line, one at a time will also tell which cyl. it is by the quieting of the knock.

Efi is showing no codes that could be knock related. Only codes I am showing are for my grid heaters from the egr delete kit. I am an idiot when it comes to using the Efi scan tool. So I can't do any pid's. To check the balance rates.

OK, it is most likely a misfiring cylinder. Which could be anything from a bad injector to a hole in a piston.

A code reader could narrow which cyl. it is and a compression test could tell the health of the cyl. Loosening an injector line, one at a time will also tell which cyl. it is by the quieting of the knock.

This is NOT a 6.5! It is not safe to loosen lines on a common rail injection system one at at time!!! That is why the scanner/computer/etc will shut off the injectors for you one at a time...

I would start off with getting the stock tune back in there and being able to read the balance rates.

You have a cracked piston. I would almost bet.. Sorry :(

8100 I hope your wrong. But I kinda feel the same way. Cause a compression issue gets better as rpm increases correct? And if it was fueling it would do it constantly?

8100 I hope your wrong. But I kinda feel the same way. Cause a compression issue gets better as rpm increases correct? And if it was fueling it would do it constantly?

Have you done a compression test?

That will tell you for sure.. The harbor freight kit will let you use the glow plug hole and you can get your reading that way.

Try running it with the belt off and see if the knock goes away.

How long is it safe to run with a belt off? I've only ran my jeep w/o a belt and that was to get it out of the barn once...and it was hot in less than 2 min, probably.

Back