• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ: HOW TO: Activate factory turbo brake

Hmm, I have always just added it ot the tuning an put it on one of the DSP's when I tune them. This would be a cheaper way to do it for guys not wanting to tune there trucks.

Am I missing something? There already is a switch for it on the shift lever. Tow/haul. Push the button and the brake is active as long as the TC is locked. Unlock is 2nd

Sent from my SCH-I535

Am I missing something? There already is a switch for it on the shift lever. Tow/haul. Push the button and the brake is active as long as the TC is locked. Unlock is 2nd

Sent from my SCH-I535

No, stock programming does not close the turbo veins, it actually opens them and just uses engine braking. If you had a turbo brake you would know it. When you hit 10-12 pounds of boost at 4000 RPM's with no load, it is like a parachute dragging you back. Stock tuning will only hold 1-2 at those RPM levels.

Seems easy enough.

Switched Ground on 1 Wire...Incandescent Bulb on the other Wire.

Who's gonna be the first to Test it out?! :)

Back