• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ Exhaust

Since you have some time Mike on putting this in...I'd order some stainless steel band(?) clamps to hold the rest of the exhaust together...those regular muffler clamps can turn things ugly if you have to get any parts back off at any point...

See post #38 Pepp. There's a P/N on the install sheet for SS that I think should have been in the clamp kit instead.

I prefer the SS band clamps as well. 4" SS band clamps are pretty easy to locate if they don't come with the kit. But the clamps really should be included from Diamond Eye. :D

Definitely makes taking the exhaust system apart much easier down the road. :thumbsup:

See post #38 Pepp. There's a P/N on the install sheet for SS that I think should have been in the clamp kit instead.

I saw that...but I know with most kits, the band clamps are "optional"

maybe not with the SS exhaust systems though...they may be standard...I just don't know with DE

Playing around with the Roloc disc for a few minutes to see what it'll take to make a shiny exit pipe.DE5.jpg DE6.jpg DE7.jpg
That's NOT the tail outlet. I need to get a supply of fine and polishing Roloc discs. I'm out of fine ones.

I just ordered a supply of 2" fine discs from Tom http://www.roarksupply.com/ our newest supporting vendor so I'll be able to get that polishing done before the installation. Planning on a maint day around the holidays when the truck is up on 4 stands anyhow to install it. My son Jeff says to count him in for a hand.

Mike, just talked to DE they confirmed what you got is the way it comes. I suggested they bump the price up and include SS clamps too.

Well it isn't exactly an expensive $40-$60 awesome SS tip but it'll look good going down the road... And it only cost me a hour or so of labor this afternoon. Hope to get it installed within a week.

DE8.jpg DE9.jpg DE10.jpg

It has been installed. Not nearly as easy to do as I thought as far as getting it all aligned and tightened where I wanted it but I really like the sound from the test drive I took with My son Jeff after we were done. I'll know more how I like it in the cab after a 60 mi drive in to work tomorrow. Right now it seems just fine with no drone. Sure sounds good when you get on it. :thumbsup: Sorry no pics. I left my camera at the BILs on Christmas...:nonod:

Good Mike. How was it to get the stock OEM system out? Or did you just cut it up? Did you ever get the band clamps or just go with what was in the kit?

I found it best to put tack welds on the u bolt clamps to keep them from shifting much after I had them where I wanted them. I had the tail section fall off after a week and a hanger hit the drive shaft.

I wound up cutting it behind the Cat and again behind the muffler. I used the carbon steel clamps that came with it. I didn't want to spend $60 for the SS clamps I would need. I may still do that. Fighting the hanger alignments is a real PITA. I'm not 100% sure I've got it all exactly the way I want it. I may do a bit more tweaking of the positions over the next few days.
Sound was good at highway speeds this morning. No obnoxious drone at all. You notice it some at 70-75 but it sounds good to me.

BB Gasser with a whistle. Better than I expected actually. Especially when I had the pass window down and lit the tires from a roll when Jeff was with me yesterday eve.

Back