• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ engine vibration

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
My lbz has a pretty bad vibration at around 1400 rpm. It does it sitting still on a slow free rev and I can feel it when accelerating loaded and unloaded. Tried to remove the belt and run it like that and couldn't feel a difference. It runs fine so I don't think it is a miss but I could be wrong.

Now what should I check?

Tranny mounts looked good when I changed the oil last weekend. Ill check the engine mounts out. I guess I could chew them up grossing 30k

Haven't gotten a chance to check it out but I will try a power stall and see what gives (besides the tires). The way it feels is like a 6.5 with a bad harmonic balancer. So maybe I have a bad flywheel? I have been having a hell of a time keeping starters around

2012-07-10_18-41-26_362.jpg

These look all over the place. What should i be seeing, is this something to be worried about?

These readings are off my edge evo on level 3 after hauling hay all day. ECT was 197*

Those rates look pretty good to me. IIRC the GM spec is +/- 4 in park at idle, and +/- 6 in drive with the truck held stationary by the brakes.

My local mechanic says that flywheel problems are common on hard working dmax's but i havent seen anyone on the forums with complaints. So either its not a true statement or ya'll arent working them hard enough! lol

That's a new one here too. I bet he's repeating the 'ancient' discussion where the very early ZF6 flywheels had some bolts loosening at the crank or maybe the pressure plate. We're talking Allison, not 6 spd manual here.

There arent very many dmax's that get beat on in the area but there are a gazzilion cummins. There are alot of cute dmax toys though! lol

I will be pulling the truck in for some much needed R&R today. 3 broken lugs, exhaust is sagging and rattling, and front end needs serviced. Hopefully i get time to add motor mount inspection to my list.

Been hooked to the 12 bale hay trailer for most of the week hauling ~7 loads/ day 20 miles one way. 55 mph in 4th and ~12mpg

Back