• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ engine vibration

I actually live in the sand hills, active dunes not far away with canyons and small mountains the other direction.

I've gotten as low as 8 towing heavy into a 50mph gust head wind

Just pokin. 12 loaded is only 5 less than my RCLB Empty! lol

Then I load up and it goes upside down .. Gallons per mile! Not really, but it takes a hit..

Didnt get much accomplished today on the truck. Got the axle assembly pulled and old lugs beat out but the new ones are for a 1/2 ton, back to the parts store i guess...

Now i am being punished with a gas bill. Driving our old 2001 GMC Crew Cab Dually 4x4 LOADED 8.1L gas guzzler with a hard 270K on it. Watch out gas station HERE I COME! lol No AC but the 5 speed allison doesnt miss a beat with absolutely no maintenance in the past 100K other than a few oil changes and alot of gas (no tranny filter changes)

Same here. I've got a load if cow calf pair that I've gotta work and pair up today then hopefully I can get started on the Dmax again.

Ok, I blew a hydraulic line on the tractor today and lost connection to GPS for the auto steer (damn electrical gremlins are gonna kill that tractor) and got some down time to look at the truck.

Could not reproduce the same shake as before, took it out and drove it hard for ~20 min (fun time, lol) brought it in and still no beans. Power braked and only rocked the engine 1/2 inch TOPS. All mounts look great, (Pass side might be squating a hair) I have pics but the Photobucket says its under maintenence.

Any other ideas other than wait for something to break?

So far my other options are failing crank or possible flywheel (advice from unknowledged parts pusher)

A WHAT!?:hihi:

Doubt it...:skep:

I just dont know what else to blame it on.... Makes me nervous to have my #1 reliable truck (actually only one running at the moment) be at risk of grenading, i need the truck and cant tear DEEP into until i get my 93 flat bed back on the road to handle hauling duties.

Is it possible for injectors to be bad one day and decide to fire right the next? I'm looking for ideas :???:

It it possible to have gotten some water into the system? Did you hit it with some chemicals to dry/condition your fuel?

Only thing i run is 2 stroke and maybe power service, i usually only run power service when i throw on a new filter.

WIF sensor never went off but that doesnt mean much. I normally run pretty good fuel, my 2 primary stations each have a fleet of semis that they service.

I would recommend against 2 stroke in the LBZ. It's not an advantage and it's certainly possible it could be a contaminent. PowerService is good about every other fillup. I kinda wonder if this truck lived it's early life on all #2 and then got several doses of BIO (aka soy oil) and the solvent effect of soy has done a random number on the injectors. Sticky injector #? today, sticky #?a tomorrow. Usually that shows up in a few plugged fuel filters first though and then is cleared.

I would recommend against 2 stroke in the LBZ. It's not an advantage and it's certainly possible it could be a contaminent. PowerService is good about every other fillup. I kinda wonder if this truck lived it's early life on all #2 and then got several doses of BIO (aka soy oil) and the solvent effect of soy has done a random number on the injectors. Sticky injector #? today, sticky #?a tomorrow. Usually that shows up in a few plugged fuel filters first though and then is cleared.

Maybe run some Diesel 911?

I'll try a few tanks of powerservice. The truck sounds better on 2 stroke honestly or else i wouldnt use it.

History on the truck is: PO bought it with ~20K and used for his personal truck in his construction company (he is the owner so the truck mostly sat at build sites idling for long amounts of time). He also admitted to leaving it idle when he went shopping in stores like Walmart or Lowes and just took the key FOB with him. The trucks hrs had obviously been wiped awhile back because they were WAY off, now they read over 40MPH average and i bought it with ~148K on it. I doubt it ever had bio.

I'm pushing 188K now and bought it in late Sept of 2011 and didnt start driving it much until late Oct. I tow hard frequently and rarely make it over 8K before i get a low rail press at ~3/4 throttle.

I bet it's had a pretty good history of dirty fuel if it was a const. co owner's truck. As in... Oh, I need fuel so I'll just pull over to the yard pump or worse yet the jobsite fuel trailer/truck/tank.

Well its owned by a farmer now and we are known for robbing fuel from the 30yr old fuel trailer out back if we are in a emergency. lol Ours has a dual filter set up and meter though. Never have problems in any tractors.

Idk, he was more of a housing contractor (not really much large diesel equip, didnt have trailer brakes or gooseneck in the truck) and his office was nicer than most houses i had been in. My gpa is a fellow housing contractor and knew the guy just from building in the same area, he was pretty sure the truck had been well kept.

I dont think it is growing algea, i would expect the amount of fuel i run through it to keep it pretty clean and the lie o meter when i bought it read 12mpg so i bet it had alot of fuel flow then.

Back