• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ Emissions Information

Flyboy207

Reaction score
Today I went through all my RPO codes on my glovebox just for fun. I found out that my truck is FE9 federal emissions, not California. :coolgleamA: Does this mean anything special? Can I just rip all the emissions stuff off my engine? (Kidding). But do I need to keep my mouth shut because it is in California with me? Also, if it means anything, the emissions label came off my air intake and i think i lost it. But mainly what does it being a federal truck mean for me? Thanks everyone

That you can Delete the cat without getting a CEL and having to install a Finger Stick.

Not always. It's a crap shoot wether it will code or not. I've looked at tune files from 2 identical federal trucks, one has the tables enabled to code, the other won't.

An emission check facility would know what emissions you should have based on the vin. If it's Fed then CA has to recognize it was produced for and sold in another state and accept it. They will hit you on the no cat issue most likely though.

Right now it is straight-piped downpipe back with no codes. I'm considering an EGR blocker plate also.

EGR blocker plate will require a 'finger stick' or EFI to turn off the code. I have a FS and it works but I would prefer to go EFI if I had the time, $, and convenience of somebody near by with the equipment.

Back