• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LB7 egr delete

Nick 6.5

Reaction score
Hey guys how you doing. It's been a long time since my last post in the forum. But I need some help and reassurance. I'm looking to delete all the egr related equipment. I've already cut off and welded upthe egr tube on the up pipe. And I'm getting the wehrli fabrication bride due to me being on a budget. But my concerns are the egr coolant return line to the thermostat housing. Can that just be tapped and plugged? Also all the electronic connections and vaccum lines. I've already have my computer tuned to.delete everything. Am I.safe to just unplug and unbolt everything? Just as an fyi this engine is going into a 96 Silverado. I have a swap thread but can't seem to find it..

Attachments

• IMAG0660.jpg
    IMAG0660.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0662.jpg
    IMAG0662.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 5
The cooler line going to it from the t-stat housing is your heater line. If you go to a federal ECM or have the codes shut off, then you can remove the solenoids for it as far as I know. I don't have much experience with the LB7 EGR setups, don't see many down this way.

Ya I had the harness sent out and converted to stand alone( I'm not too.savvy on electrical) I had them delete the egr and air grid heater from the ecu. I know the one line goes from/to the heater but do you know if I'm.safe to plug it off?

Oh I'm an idiot I just got what you were saying. So from the thermostat housing run that directly to my heater core inlet right?

Oh I'm an idiot I just got what you were saying. So from the thermostat housing run that directly to my heater core inlet right?
Yes. The EGR cooler just went in the heater feed line. So if you had no EGR cooler it went from the housing to the heater core, with one it went from the housing to the EGR cooler to the heater core.

Gotcha ok perfect. I just needed some clarification on that. Idk why but I had the flow backwards in my head. I appreciate it!!

Back