• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kinda excited

I'll stop being an ass now.

I met up with Mike (mfgguru) this morning at 9 and we enjoyed breakfast together. We went to his shop and installed the TM and proceeded to drill/tap the intake to get the boost gauge hooked up. Mike seems to have his shit together thats forsure! He screws down the TM and says...this should be right. We take the truck out for a rip and I was impressed. WOT 10-12lbs boost and speed limit with cruise on around 5lbs. Right on the money first try.

The only problem is now I need more stuff. When I heard Mikes truck with his 4" exhaust I new right aways this was truly a mans truck. Now I want one. See what I mean.

Not many 6.5ers around here that share their love for their trucks around here. I'm glad to have gotten to know mike and sure appreciate the time we spent together wrenching on my truck on his day off. Thanks Mike.

Forgot to mention....this truck rips now. Took my wife for a spin this evening and while speeding up on the highway I punched it and wooohooo broke traction till I let off. Mind you it's cold out...

Not sure how many HP we unleashed, but it feels real good!

No explosions? Dammit...

Now you need exhaust and a reflash, Gerald... you ain't even scratched the surface.

We'll have you out racing with ChrisK1500 in no time!!

BTW - a big DTR 'Attaboy' goes out to Mike (mfcguru) for bein' such a 'handy kind of guy'!!

Haha Jim, no explosion. I know there is more work to be done, but lets see...where to leave my money hmmm wife, kids, bills, home, Harley Davidson accessories, my truck...

Today, I'm gonna sleep well.

No explosions? Dammit...

Now you need exhaust and a reflash, Gerald... you ain't even scratched the surface.

We'll have you out racing with ChrisK1500 in no time!!

BTW - a big DTR 'Attaboy' goes out to Mike (mfcguru) for bein' such a 'handy kind of guy'!!

Thanks a lot! I had fun and making friends is where it's at. I would do the same for anyone of you. Gerald (dieseldad) is a great guy and I enjoyed working with him. There is only one problem, his truck would probably beat mine now.:nono: Before this, I would have hosed him!):h

Oh bah... both of you guys are huffing something! Come over to Alberta where you might have to go UPHILL once in a while!!!

:D

Poke, poke... :)

Back