• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

K1500 Isuzu 6 cylinder turbo diesel

Robertl67

Reaction score
Engine cost $400 everything else was done by me nd a buddy and absolutely 0 motivators in our favor everyone we know said it's impossible for us to do
1985 k1500 GMC high Sierra swapped Isuzu 6 cylinder turbo diesel with an adapter plate to a Ford process transmission which came out of a Ford f150 with the inline 6 300 motor but please drop that out the motor came out of a motorhome it was fun the hardest thing I've ever

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I did a Isuzu 4bdt2 swap in my old Suburban (have a thread in the forum about it). Those are really nice engines. The 6 cylinder I bet is a beast or could be made into one. The 4 cylinder was massive and weighed as much as a 6.5!

MrMarty51

Reaction score
Old guy that is now deceased, He had a Dodge class C motorhome, pulled out the big block and stuffed a 6 cylinder isuzu into it. That thing would pull the steepest hills with ease, got good fuel mileage too.
He took the V8 out of his old ford 3/4 ton. Installed a four cylinder reefer trailer diesel into that. It was not real fast but a tank of fuel would last a very long time.😹😹😹