• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

K 10 Differential Gear Ratios

cornemuse

Reaction score
I have my '84 K 10 Blazer powered with the 6.2 diesel.
I have an '84 K 10 Blazer parts car with 350 gasser powered (<-blown head gasket, paid $300)

Question: Do these (diesel/gas) have the same gear ratios??

I got it (gasser) mainly for the front axle (4wd)

-corne-

They could come however they wete ordered. Back in the early to mid 80's GM was trying there hardest for CAFE ratings, so 3.08's were fairly common in everything. But they could be ordered with 3.08's, 3.42's, 3.73's, 4.10's, and I believe if you really wanted them, 4.56's were also an option. So check them to see what you got.

My Blazer (6.2) originally had the 700 trans, guy I bought it from (<-original owner bought it new) did some towing & replaced trans few times to finally a turbo 400. the parts car has 350 trans.

This help?

Is there a number on diff case (front or rear) which would indicate ratios?

GM put the RPO codes in the glove box to tell you what came in it stock. Otherwise you will have to pull the diff covers, and count some teeth to find the ratios as GM didn't put axle tags on most axles(the front axle may have a tag if it's a dana 44).

Back