• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Jeep YJ diesel conversion

I have recently installed a 6.2L military humvee engine in my XJ and get close to 26mpg. I paid a whopping $80 from a military auction. I might go with a duramax later but with the budget I had this is working great with the economy already. On the trail the 165HP and 300ft lbs are not much different then the stock 4.0 gasser but a turbo would be real nice on the highway and for towing. all in all if it is economy and trail work a 6.2l or 6.5l can be found pretty cheap as long as you do your homework on setup and checking out the block first.

Welcome to The Truck Stop! :welcome2:

DIESELXJ- good engine choice for your length and center of gravity, if you add a turbo, (people here are gonna kill me for this)use a gm for yours. The gm turbos are had super cheap, and are good for adding torque up to around 2200 rpm. After that they suck, no good for the hiway. Start your own thread though so others can find your conversion separate, and welcome to TTS.

Back