• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

JD 4450 or 4430??

o very nice equipment even got a cat hiding in the corner.. LOL I think this is going to be our plowing and disking tractor so I dont think it will keep the narrow tires long.. we plant with a red tractor:grumble: its a 5230 CaseIH its been a good tractor.

Last edited:
nice there the only caterpillar equipment i like those big tracked ones...

These are tires like we want to get for the 4450 so we have better floation when plowing and disking we will hay with this tractor too.
74629617.jpg

aggar, that looks like an 8030 series there next to the CAT, does it have that independent link suspension on it? If it does I'm curious how it performs, also how is the ground clearance as compared to traditional MFWD?

aggar, that looks like an 8030 series there next to the CAT, does it have that independent link suspension on it? If it does I'm curious how it performs, also how is the ground clearance as compared to traditional MFWD?

YEah it's an 8430 with ILS. Performs great. Rides awesome going crossways on stalks with the graincart. Only thing about the 30 series I have complaints about is the fact that they're not a snappy as the 8410. It just flat goes when you put the meat to it. The 30 is a little laggy and with a full cart heading to the truck, it isn't the quickest. I can run around it with the 10.

Hmmm, that is surprising. If I remember the big deal with the 30 series was better fuel efficiency, I wonder if that has something to do with it, just the way they ended up programming the thing. Though I've heard really good things about the 8010s. DANG I WISH SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY STILL FARMED. I miss it. GHAH!

Farming is great not to rub it in or anything, but i love doing it.. sorry 83GMCK2500

haying is my second favorite thing to do id rather plow and disk.. got to love making a mess.. LOL

The 30 series have a VVt. So you can tell when they finally get the boost up. also they're doggy on the top end. Also it doesn't help that the 8410 has a 20% chip in it :)

o boy tractor dont have enough power as it is so we got to chip it.. LOL

hmm dont give me any ideas. LOL my cuz should be rolling in any time with the 4450

Back