• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

JD 4450 or 4430??

go to my album and there is 2 pics of the 4450, I dont think i have a pic of the KW but maybe i can find one like it for all of you..

Well i hate to say its not his cause it looks just like it same color and same flames from the factory,600hp cummins high torque 18speed he pulls milk,rock,flats,and his favorite lowboy.. its a killer truck they just got it he went in half and his boss went in half on the truck its kind of odd though cause its the only KW in the fleet all the others are Petes.I want to get my CDL when i turn 18 but im going to work for a construction company that i have ties with going to run machines and drive dump and maybe lowboy if they need me to.. always thought you should be flexible when it comes to work..:thumbsup:

Attachments

• kw.jpg
    kw.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8
Oooooohhhhhh *grunts*, dat's sexy. I love the sound of a Detroit but I've got no qualms with a Cummins, particularly if it's got 600HP.

Looked at the pic of the 4450, I see that the guy used JD filters on it, that's great.

Yea it seems like it is well taking care of.. so cant wait to get it..

Yea it is the only thing ive seen alot of these tractors with chrome stacks whats the best way to go about doing that and what would i need to do it?? i was thinking 5" stack or so any tips??

It will be annoyingly loud in the cab after about 2 minutes. Sounds badass outside though. We tried it for a while and went back to the fairly burned out muffler. Still sounded good that way but a little quieter. You should hear the turbo whistle on my 8100, the muffler is fairly burned out on it I think. Brother wants to put a pipe on it but I think the cab vibration would get too annoying. Look on youtube you can find some vids of straight piped tractors. There is a nice sounding 4650 next to a 9650 combine in one.

Ive heard them at the tractor pulls and i was like dang i need to do this LOL I was thinking a 5" stack i can order off of like MBRP or GRAND ROCK, but im not sure how i would tie it all together.. and if it does get to loud i can buy a muffler to go inside the stack..:thumbsup:

you might be better off getting a stack from your local JD dealer. it would be a direct replacement for your current muffler. also, i think they give away a years worth of ear plugs with every chrome stack they sell. you'll need it if you spend any amount of time at all in the cab.

Hmm i never knew JD had a straight pipe they sold for these tractors have to give them a call

Last edited:
I don't remember how the muffler attaches to the turbo on a 4450. I *think* it has a band clamp on it and it just slips over the turbo outlet/elbow (for lack of a better term), if that is the case, loosen the clamp, slide the muffler up and off (heavy SOB if I remember) and measure the ID on it to figure out what you need.

I don't remember how the muffler attaches to the turbo on a 4450. I *think* it has a band clamp on it and it just slips over the turbo outlet/elbow (for lack of a better term), if that is the case, loosen the clamp, slide the muffler up and off (heavy SOB if I remember) and measure the ID on it to figure out what you need.

x2. that's exactly how they fit on there.

HAHAHAHA! I win. Thank you Ryan, I used to have the pleasure of pulling them off to wire brush them and give them a coat of Blitz Black in the winter.

I think the stack that we had on ours for a few days was a 4 inch because that fit right on there. Mechanic guy I know was trying to sell it to us is why we tried it. 5 inch might be more mellow but would need a adapter.

Can't be that loud with out a muffler. A guy up here has a Big Bud with a 855 Cummins strait piped. That thing sounds badass :D.

Congrats on the 4450. I'm looking for a 50 or 55 series MFWD when I can get the funds rounded up.

Thanks guys im going to head over the to JD dealer and see what they got for a 4" stack for the 4450 see what he says..

Nice looking tractor. I was gonna say go with the 4450. The only 2wd tractors we've got are the 2 4020's and the 4840. Everything else is either mfwd or tracks.

Here's a pic of our row crop tractors with the exception of the 4955. Tires are too wide to row crop.

Tractorsinshed.jpg

Back